This meal is made in about 30 minutes and is kid-approved (especially the latkes!). The sweet potatoes or butternut squash are a great contrast to the balsamic glazed steak and the roasted vegetables round out the meal. Consider making extra latkes for breakfast leftovers! This recipe is made to serve 2-3 so double or triple if your family is bigger!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Salt and pepper steak and set aside
- Put vegetables in baking dish and put in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked
- Grate sweet potatoes or butternut squash with cheese grater or food processor
- Put in large bowl with sliced onion, egg, flour and spices and mix well with hands
- Form into hamburger sized patties and cook in skillet over medium high heat in butter or coconut oil until browned (about 5 minutes per side)
- When latkes are done, put on baking sheet and keep warm in oven with vegetables. Cut butter into pats and put over vegetables at this point.
- Scrape out skillet and cook steak 3-4 minutes per side until desired doneness. When almost done, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and let reduce for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.