This simple Beef and Broccoli Chinese Stir Fry goes from frozen to ready in under 30 minutes. It is simple and kid approved, so it is an easy go to meal on busy nights. Can substitute any vegetables for the broccoli.
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 bags frozen broccoli or 1 head fresh
- 1 onion
- 3 T butter or healthy oil
- Spices to taste: I used minced garlic, 3 T fermented soy sauce or coconut aminos, ½ tsp honey and ¼ cup beef broth with salt, pepper and ginger
- Thinly slice steak and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little soy sauce and set aside
- Cut broccoli into florets if using whole head and slice onion into thin slices
- Heat oil in pan or wok
- Mix spice, soy sauce, honey and broth in small bowl
- Drop onions into heated pan, cook 2-3 minutes until slightly soft
- Add broccoli and sauce/spice mix in bowl and cover for 2-3 minutes
- Remove lid and check broccoli and onions, if broccoli is slightly cooked, add stead and cook 3-4 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Optional: Add melted butter when it is done for extra good fat/flavor
- Serve with salad (optional)