I must admit, smothered pork chops were something I had not tried before we switched to all real food eating, so I don’t technically know how they are supposed to taste. I do know that this version is really, really good, so while it may not be an exact replica of the not-so-healthy version, it is delicious!
Delicious Smothered Pork Chops!
These smothered pork chops are also a very quick meal and my husband and kids all love it. It came together in less than 30 minutes and only requires one pan to prepare! It’s faster to prepare than my roasted pork tenderloin with lemon parsley oil.
Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the egg and water and whisk until smooth.
- On a plate, combine the almond flour with half of the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix.
- Rinse each pork chop well and pat dry.
- Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture and then in the almond flour.
- Put each pork chop into the pre-heated skillet with the oil and cook about 5 minutes per side until starting to brown.
- While the pork chops are cooking, thinly slice the onions and mushrooms.
- Remove the pork chops and place them on a plate.
- Add the onions to the pan and sprinkle with remaining spices.
- Cook and stir until caramelized and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Scoot the onions to the side and return the pork chops to the pan.
- Spread the onions on top of and between the pork chops.
- Add the heavy cream and coconut milk and cook over medium low heat for an additional 5-8 minutes until most of the milk has evaporated and the sauce has started to thicken.
- When sauce has thickened and pork chops are tender, serve each pork chop with a spoonful of the onion/mushroom sauce on top.
Do you eat pork chops? Ever tried a healthy version? Share below!