My kids eat a lot of eggs for breakfast, but they get tired of scrambled eggs and veggies on repeat. Over the years I’ve come up with some creative breakfast recipes to keep everyone satisfied and nourished. These sheet pan eggs with sweet potatoes and sausage are a great filling breakfast recipe. And it’s something my kids love too!
Sheet Pan Eggs
There are so many ways to make eggs the star of the meal. From breakfast sandwiches with cheddar cheese for brunch to frittatas and omelets with bell peppers. A tasty breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated though.
What I love about this easy breakfast recipe is how little cleanup there is. When we have a busy morning or even on lazy Saturday mornings, I don’t feel like doing a ton of dishes after breakfast. This sheet pan eggs recipe has healthy fats, protein, and complex carbs all in one meal. And did I mention there’s only one pan to clean?
Make meal prep even easier by chopping the sweet potatoes beforehand. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge and pull them out when you’re ready to make this in the morning. Some sheet pan breakfast recipes call for hash browns, but I’ve found chopped potatoes can be healthier and just as easy.
Customized Breakfast Casserole
While I chose fried eggs, sweet potatoes, and chicken sausage here, you can easily customize this to your family’s needs. If your family likes dairy, then feel free to add some shredded cheese. Or if you want to keep it low carb, maybe sub rutabaga or parsnip for the sweet potatoes. Omit the meat and you’ve got a great breakfast for Lent.
This is a dish the whole family can get behind!
A Word on the Baking Sheet
I often get questions about the cookware/bakeware I use so I wanted to take a moment and address the baking sheet. You don’t have to have toxic non-stick bakeware to make a great meal! Personally, I use this brand that has a non-toxic, non-stick ceramic coating. You don’t even need to use cooking spray (which has unhealthy vegetable oils).
Parchment paper makes for even easier cleanup, but I find the olive oil in the recipe also helps prevent sticking.
Sheet Pan Eggs With Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dice the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes and place them on the prepared rimmed sheet pan.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle the spices over them.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once, or until tender.
- If using chicken sausage, slice it into 1-inch pieces and add it to the baking sheet.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and make six spaces for the eggs.
- Crack one egg into each space.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven for about 8 minutes or until egg yolks are cooked to the desired doneness.
- Top with green onions and serve.
Eggs: It’s What’s for Breakfast
Looking for more egg recipes to create some variety in your mornings? Or maybe a breakfast-for-supper situation. Here are some more for you to try!
- Shakshuka Eggs Recipe (Eggs in Spiced Tomato Sauce)
- Simple Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups
- Grain-free Eggs Benedict
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Grain Free Flatbread with Spinach and Egg (instead of English muffins)
- Creamy Shirred Eggs
What types of meals does your family like for breakfast? Leave a comment and let me know!