When it comes to making healthy choices, half the battle is motivation. That’s where the Whole Life Challenge comes into play!
Today I’m here with Andy Petranek, who has been a health and fitness coach for over 25 years. He was a United States Marine, a sponsored athlete, and was featured as one of the original 10 CrossFit affiliates in the world. He’s also the co-founder of the Whole Life Challenge, a worldwide six-week online “game” that you play with friends and family to improve seven specific areas of health: nutrition, mobility, exercise, sleep, hydration, well being, and reflection.
Also… I am about to jump into one of these if anybody wants to compete with me! 🙂
Episode Highlights on the Whole Life Challenge
- why Andrew started the Whole Life Challenge (and what he tried before it that didn’t work)
- how we can turn failures into valuable life lessons
- the healthy living challenge that’s sweeping the nation
- thinking for the long-term: how lasting change happens little by little, not all at once
- how to motivate yourself to start new habits (and keep them)
- getting connected to a support community
- what CrossFit has to do with it
- the keys to challenging yourself and making meaningful change
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- Sign up now at WholeLifeChallenge.com
- Read more about the 7 Daily Habits of the Whole Life Challenge
- Listen to the WLC Podcast with Andy Petranek
Books Andy Recommends
- Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
Whole Life Challenge Quotables
“If there was one thing that I would encourage people to take on… be an explorer as opposed to a researcher. Do your research and find the information but then have the courage to take an action and have the courage to be wrong about the thing you try…. Get up, dust yourself off, and then try again and try in a little bit of a different way that works for you.”
More From Wellness Mama
- 61: An Electrifying New Way To Change Habits
- 124: Happy New Year 2018! Setting Challenges + Experiments Instead of Resolutions (& Sneak Peek)
- 176: Heather Chauvin on Letting Go of Mom Guilt, Ending Tantrums, & Mindful Discipline
- My Favorite Health Books
- 5 Healthy Habits to Adopt This Year
- How to Create a Healthy Morning Routine (That Lasts)
- The Wellness Lifestyle: 10 Small Changes With a Big Impact
- 7 Fun Ways to Exercise As A Family
- Easy At Home Workouts for Moms
Have you ever tried the Whole Life Challenge? Did it help you? Also, please take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well!
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors!
This episode is brought to you by Perfect Keto. I have heard from a lot of you who are trying the keto diet right now. And Perfect Keto has several products that make it so much easier and tastier. They have keto-friendly sports drinks with zero additives, zero carbs, and only high-quality ingredients. And I’ve gotten so many questions about this. They also have exogenous ketones that raise blood ketone levels up to 1.5 millimoles per liter. So that would be simulating a fast. A lot of people use these exogenous ketones to increase mental performance, and energy production, and fat burning without the need to do extended fasting. And Perfect Keto really just helps make ketosis available to everyone, everywhere, all the time without the need to do extended fasting, like I said. You can check out these and all of their other products at perfectketo.com/wellnessmama. And if you use the code HEALTHYMOMS, all uppercase, you can save 20% on any order.
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, one of my favorite companies! They make a wide variety of delicious drink mixes using medicinal mushrooms like chaga, cordyceps, reishi, lions mane and others. I especially love their instant coffee packets, which have all of the taste of regular coffee, but are easier to make, have less caffeine and offer more of a brain boost due to the mushrooms. They also have delicious hot cocoa mixes that my kids love, and a wonderful matcha. You can check out all of their products and grab a 15% discount at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama with the code wellnessmama.