I am here today with Dr. Christopher Centeno, MD, who is an international expert and specialist in regenerative medicine. He’s at the forefront of research on using adult stem cells in orthopedics to repair common injuries and provide an alternative to painful and invasive surgery.
I’m just starting to learn about the huge potential of stem cell therapy for helping us (and our kids) recover from sports injuries, joint issues, and (one day) maybe even traumatic injuries — all by promoting healing from within in a very targeted way.
Stem Cells Instead of Surgery? Dr. Centeno Explains
Ever heard of umbilical cord blood banking? It’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to potential ways to harness the natural healing abilities of stem cells.
Dr. Christopher Centeno is board certified in physical medicine as well as rehabilitation and pain management. He is also one of the few physicians in the world with extensive experience in the use of adult stem cells to treat orthopedic injuries such as torn ACLs, injured rotator cuffs, and more. This is cutting-edge research with huge implications for the next generation.
If you have a son or daughter in sports (or if you’ve just ever wished for an alternative to surgery!), hear why stem cell therapy may be the future of medicine.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- how stem cells work in the body (and why scientists are interested)
- recent advances in regenerative medicine … and what might be coming to a doctor’s office near you
- the technique doctors like Dr. Centero use to target specific areas of the body with healing stem cells
- common orthopedic injuries and conditions stem cell therapy can help (and which it can’t … yet!)
- whether kids really heal more quickly than adults … and what happens to our stem cells as we age
- if umbilical cord blood banking is really worth it
- reasons to reevaluate how we introduce our kids to sports
- and more!
What do you think about stem cell research? Would you try an up and coming technique like regenerative stem cell therapy in place of surgery? Please share in the comments or leave me a review on iTunes. I read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Resources We Mention
Learn more about Dr. Centeno and targeted stem cell therapy at Regenexx.com
More from Dr. Centeno
- Kindle e-book: Orthopedics 2.0: How Regenerative Medicine and Interventional Orthopedics Will Change Everything
- 8 Ways to Improve Your Stem Cell Health
- How Starting Exercise in Middle Age Can Repair Your Heart
- Cord Blood: Is It Worth Saving?
Related Episodes & Articles
- 134: Five Benefits of Fasting, Autophagy, Diet Variation & Cellular Healing with Dr. Daniel Pompa
- 111: Biohacking for Moms: Lessons from the Bulletproof Conference
- 107: Improve Your Brain to Avoid Alzheimer’s, Dementia, & Memory Loss with Dr. Perlmutter
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors!
This podcast is brought to you by Vivos. This is something we recently invested in for our entire family and we are absolutely loving it and here is why. So, data shows that the nutrition we receive in utero determines our palate development and a narrow mouth, jaw, and airway increase the chances of needing braces, of getting sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and much more. Vivos created a non-invasive, non-surgical, easy way of widening the maxilla, the jaw, and the airway. For our kids, this means that they get to avoid the braces that my husband and I both had. For my husband, this means his sleep apnea has disappeared and he stopped snoring, which is a bonus for me! I’ll be writing more about this soon but you can check them out in the meantime at wellnessmama.com/go/vivos.
This podcast is also brought to you by Beekeepers Naturals. Our healing relationship with bees goes way back. Humans have been benefiting from bees and their nourishing superfoods since prehistoric times, from Cleopatra using honey to keep her youthful glow to Hippocrates prescribing propolis to cure everything from sores to bacterial infection. Beekeepers Naturals is dedicated to bringing the age-old benefits of bee products to modern times. They offer really high quality propolis, royal jelly, bee pollen, raw honey, and many other products. And all of these are sustainably sourced from a company that is dedicated to protecting and improving the bee population. My personal favorites are their propolis spray, which helped me head off a scratchy throat, and their B.LXR mix which is a mixture of all their bee products as a natural brain boost I use to stay sharp on busy days. You can check them out at wellnessmama.com/go/beekeepers.