Hormone balance is one of the topics you all ask about most, so I’m excited to bring another hormone expert and doctor on the show today. Dr. Shawn Tassone is double board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology by the American Board of Integrative Medicine and holds a medical degree in addition to a PhD in mind-body medicine. His work includes studies and publications on spirituality and medical care, whole foods to heal the human body, and integrative medicine.
In his 20 years of practice, Dr. Shawn has seen over 40,000 women and is highly regarded as a patient advocate. I’ve read through reviews and testimonials and I can tell Dr. Shawn really stands up for his patients and lets them be an active part of an integrated part of their health. And you all know I’m all about that!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Shawn Tassone
- The various different imbalances that contribute to hormone symptoms and what to do about them
- If you’re a warrior, a nun, a workaholic or a queen (hormonally) and how to find balance
- What to know about hormone replacement therapy
- Some little known facts about various types of birth control
- About breast implant illness and what to do about it
- A novel way he’s helping women suffering from problems after the Essure device
- Why low libido isn’t always hormonal
- But what to do when it is
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 453: Dr Tami Meraglia & Ian Mitchell on a Holistic Approach to Hair Loss (with Extreme Results)
- 234: The Keto-Green Way to Optimize Hormones & Libido With Dr. Anna Cabeca
- 196: How the Modern World Is Changing Our Hormones (& How to Create a Balance Plan)
- 192: How to Avoid Rushing Woman Syndrome & Balance Hormones With Dr. Sonya Jensen
- 118: An At-Home Approach to Balancing Thyroid Hormones with McCall McPherson
- 108: Why the Birth Control Pill Screws Up Hormones & What to Use Instead
- 90: A Mind Of Your Own: Tackling Mental Illness and Fixing Hormones with Dr. Kelly Brogan
- 10 Tips to Help Balance Hormones Naturally
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have about hormones? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Fabletics, where I get almost all of my athletic wear! Founded by Kate Hudson, they are dedicated to making cute, high quality and affordable athletic wear available to all of us. I love that their styles fit all body types and sizes and are super flattering, even after a few pregnancies and with some loose skin on my stomach from all those cute babies. Here’s what makes them different: When you go to their site, you take a quick, 60-second style pop quiz for personalized outfit recommendations Then, you can shop from thousands of styles curated for you. When you become a VIP, you save 50% off regular prices, get free shipping and additional perks. Before I forget, Fabletics is offering my listeners an incredible deal you don’t want to miss: Get 2 leggings for only $24 ($99 value) when you sign up for a VIP. Just go to fabletics.com/wellnessmama to take advantage of this deal now and to get 2 leggings for only $24. Also free shipping on orders over $49. International shipping is available and there is absolutely no commitment when you purchase your first order!
This podcast is brought to you by Pelvic Pain Relief from Isa Herrera. Did you know that while it may be the norm for many women, it isn’t necessary to suffer from pelvic pain, or to leak urine when you laugh, cough, sneeze or jump? I’ve learned so much from Isa, including some super simple and quick stretches that can help stop this leaking in just 30 seconds. She also explains why Kegels can sometimes make pelvic pain worse, how to know if this is the case and what to do instead. She’s helped thousands of women find relief and freedom and if you’ve ever struggled with pelvic issues, I’m guessing she can help you too. She has an amazing free masterclass and has opened up some free spots just for listeners of this podcast. Claim your spot now at pelvicpainrelief.com/healing