Robyn Openshaw is an incredible human being and dear friend of mine, as you all probably remember from our previous podcast interview. I met Robyn a few years ago at a biological medicine clinic in Switzerland and we really hit it off. She’s amazing since she is not only a dedicated single mom of four kids (who are all now flying the coop), she’s also managed to travel to a huge number of clinics across the globe, interviewing the world’s top experts and inspecting clinics that deal with biological medicine and alternative therapies.
Because of her intense personal research and firsthand knowledge, Robyn is now considered one of the top experts in the world herself on all kinds of health topics. She’s lectured in over 450 cities in the last six years after launching her popular site, GreenSmoothieGirl.com, and has authored fifteen books including the bestsellers The Green Smoothies Diet and 12 Steps to Whole Food. Her latest book is called Vibe.
Not to mention (but I will) that Robyn is a former psychotherapist and university professor to boot. Her advice is definitely worth taking, so don’t miss this or our previous podcast episode!
Episode Highlights With Robyn Openshaw
- The personal family crisis that got Robyn started on her quest to find the best health clinics
- The number of cancer cells the human body makes every day
- How biological medicine views cancer (that most U.S. docs wouldn’t agree with)
- Where Robyn found the most impressive health treatments that really made a difference
- What’s on the menu at a biological health clinic
- Why I (Katie) did a liver detox there (and how often we should do one)
- Health benefits of a coffee enema and why you might want to do one!
- Dr. Petra’s background and training
- What to expect at the clinic
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Come to Switzerland with me in 2019!
- Webinar on Switzerland clinic
- Robyn’s books
- My last podcast with Robyn: 110: How Vibrational Frequencies Affect Our Daily Lives
More From Wellness Mama
- 150: Debunking Myths About Gallbladder Disease With Deborah Graefer From Gallbladder Attack
- 169: From Advanced Stage Cancer to Remission in 7 Months on a Quest to Cure Cancer
- 170: Using Biological Medicine & Uncommon Therapies to Help With Chronic Conditions
- 231: Conquering & Avoiding Breast Cancer With the 7 Essentials System From Dr. V
- Natural Liver & Gall Bladder Cleanse
If you went to a biological health clinic, what would you want help with? Do you have questions I can pass on to Robyn? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Branch Basics. They are one of my favorite companies because they are tackling two major problems with one simple solution. We’ve all heard about the problems with single use plastic and how they are polluting the environment, how overuse of plastics is bad for us as humans. And if you’ve read my blog, you’re also well aware of the potential pitfalls of harsh household cleaners, especially if you have kids in the house. Branch Basics helps on both of these fronts. They have the world’s safest non-toxic cleaning concentrate that is plant-based and biodegradable so it’s safe for the environment, as well as non-GMO and not tested on animals. Since it is a concentrate, a single bottle lasts a really long time which drastically cuts down on extra plastic bottles that you would get if you bought cleaners already pre-made. It’s gentle enough to be used on skin, even on babies, but strong enough to clean floors or greasy messes and even treat paint stains. And I use it to make an all-purpose cleaner to treat stains in the laundry and even use it as laundry soap. Their bottles are all reusable or you can do what I do and mix everything in reusable glass bottles instead. And when I say it is good for everything, I mean it! I carry a travel-size foamer pump when I travel for use as hand soap instead of using nasty soaps in bathrooms, and I use it as a face wash, shampoo, eye makeup remover, stain treatment, and so much more. I use the same concentrate at home to make practically every cleaning product in my home. You may have seen on my IG how I used their cleaning concentrate and oxygen boost to wash my white couches naturally. I use Branch Basics in some way every single day. Check it out and grab some of your own at branchbasics.com/wellnessmama and save 15% with the code MAMA15.
This episode is brought to you by Alitura Naturals skincare. You guys loved the founder, Andy, when he came on this podcast to talk about his own skin healing journey after a tragic accident that caused massive scarring on his face. From this experience he developed some of the most potent and effective natural skin care options from serums to masks and the results are visible in his perfectly clear skin that is free of scars! I love the mask and use it a couple times a week, and often use the gold serum at night to nourish my skin while I sleep. All of their products have super clean ingredients and they really work! Andy is absolutely dedicated to creating the highest quality products possible and it shows. Check them out at alituranaturals.com/wellnessmama and use the discount code WELLNESS to get 20% off.