Meal planning (I use this tool) is the single biggest time saver for me each week. It is one of the first tips I give to anyone starting the switch to a healthier lifestyle and the one factor that makes it so easy to eat a real food diet.
In this episode, I’m chatting with my good friends Antony and Emily Bartlett, the co-creators of Real Plans. I really enjoyed this episode because it combines Antony’s tech ability and the many amazing things Real Plans can do, as well as the creative genius of Emily’s systems and recipes.
Why Meal Planning is a Must
I am often asked how I keep up with kids, homeschooling, cooking meals times a day, and running a blog. And the answer is incredibly simple (though not always easy): systems. I have systems for home management, schooling, and meal planning. It truly takes the stress out of daily life.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How Real Plans has transitioned from a PDF meal planner to the amazing customizable system it is today
- The tech that makes Real Plans so much different than other meal planners (they aren’t even close!)
- A bad first impression Emily made on Antony when it came to food
- The reason they both share a passion for helping families eat real food
- How Antony and I first met and why we became friends immediately
- The backstory about why I merged my own Wellness Mama Meals system with Real Plans (because I knew the technology was so much better and even though I make much less money, my readers are so much happier!)
- My own embarrassing food confession (I couldn’t cook when I got married!)
- All the many customizations Real Plans can handle (Hint: real food no restrictions, gluten free, dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, AIP, any obscure food restrictions, etc are all doable! Basically, whatever your diet is, it can plan for you).
Resources We Mention:
- Real Plans (of course!)
- Nourishing Traditions Book
- Holistic Squid
- Article: The Story of Wellness Mama Meals + Real Plans
- Meal Planning Basics
- Benefits of Meal Planning
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Kids Cook Real Food e-Course. You may have heard me talk about this before because I love it so much. It’s made by one of my good friends, Katie of Kitchen Stewardship, and it’s one of my favorite bonding activities I’ve ever done with my kids. Katie is a teacher by trade and she teaches kids basic to advanced kitchen skills. Every friend that I’ve either given it to or encouraged to get it has absolutely loved this course and all of my kids love it too.
Check it out at this link. There will be a special offer for Wellness Mama listeners, so keep an eye out for that.
This episode is sponsored by Mama Natural. My good friend, Genevieve, also known as Mama Natural, has just come out with a game changing pregnancy book called “The Mama Natural Week To Week Guide To Pregnancy And Child Birth“. If you or anyone you know is pregnant, I strongly recommend picking up a copy or just grabbing one to donate to your local library. It is an incredible resource and definitely one of the best resources I’ve seen for new moms. Genevieve also has a wonderful free week to week email series for pregnancy. You’ve seen these on other websites but this one is a natural take on week to week emails that tells you how your baby’s growing, what milestones he or she’s hitting, all that cool stuff and it’s free.