Today’s episode is going to be so fascinating and a little unusual! I am here with Opher Brayer, a world-famous talent coach and the creator of something called Games of Genius. Opher coaches the best and brightest in Silicon Valley and he has taught innovation at many leading companies, including IBM and Disney Imagineering.
Opher saw how our educational system wasn’t keeping up to the speed of change and found a unique way to bridge the gap. He designed Games of Genius to prepare our kids for a world where robots and AI will outperform humans and replace many of the jobs that exists today. Opher even won the Tribeca Disruption Innovation Award in 2018 for this revolutionary program.
If you’ve ever wondered how to prepare your kids for the future as well as how to foster creativity and critical thinking outside of school, don’t miss this episode!
Episode Highlights on Games of Genius
- Stages of development and how a child learns naturally
- What Opher thinks of the state of education today
- How to apply the 80/20 rule to learning
- The four crucial skills kids need most (that almost no one is talking about)
- Small ways to add to education in and outside of school that really pay off
- Why Opher credits this program for allowing his son to attend college at age 13
- The part your environment and culture play in how you learn and succeed
- What Games of Genius can teach you in only 7 minutes, and how it works
- And more!
Resources We Mention
“If there is a plan at home to teach our children about sciences, arts, technology, and economics through these four elements of imagination — …analogy, pattern, design, and written composition — the child will become a polymath thinker. These are the next century innovators.”
More From Wellness Mama
- 159: How Naveen Jain Plans to Fix Education, Make Disease Optional, & Land on the Moon
- 237: World Travel With Kids, Worldschooling & Entrepreneurship With Wonderling Family
- 101: Critical Thinking in a Social Media World (What You Didn’t Learn in History Class)
- 85: How to Raise an Entrepreneur: Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, & Change Makers
- 259: How to Learn Languages by Ear With Idahosa Ness
- 184: Meta Learning, Speed Reading, & How to Learn Faster With Jim Kwik
- 238: Using Neuroplasticity to Rewire Nervous System or Brain Disorders With Carol Garner-Houston
- How to Set up a Homeschool Classroom
- 6 Favorite Practical Homeschool Resources (My Kids Love)
Do you find Games of Genius as fascinating as I do? Which skills do you think our kids will need in the future? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, creator of all things superfood mushrooms and founded by my favorite Finnish Fun guys. I love all of their products, and in fact, I’m sipping their Reishi hot cocoa as I record this. These superfood mushrooms are always a part of my daily routine with their coffee + lions mane or coffee + cordyceps in the morning for energy and focus without as much caffeine as coffee to their chaga and cordyceps in the afternoon for antioxidants and immunity and the reishi elixir at night for improved sleep. They also just released skin care that so clean you not only can eat it, but it’s encouraged. Their charcoal mask has activated charcoal to clarify, chaga and cacao for an antioxidant boost and other herbal and superfood ingredients. It’s so clean that it can literally be made into a cup of hot cocoa as well! Their superfood serum contains a blend of avocado and olive oils with Reishi and herbs for a hydrating skin boost. As a listener of this podcast, you can save 15% with the code WELLNESSMAMA at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama.
This podcast is brought to you by Pelvic Pain Relief from Isa Herrera. Let’s be real for a second… having kids can be tough on your pelvic floor health. And even if you haven’t had a child, there are many things that can cause pelvic dysfunction or discomfort. If you’ve ever leaked urine as you laugh, cough, sneeze or jump, it may be a sign that your pelvis could use some help. The good news is that these types of problems can be helped and that is exactly what Isa helps women with! In fact, I can say that after carrying six babies, I can jump on the trampoline with them or run around to play capture the flag (or sneeze when they bring home a cold) without worrying about leaking urine, but I know many women who struggle with these activities. If you ever have, you’ve got to check out Isa’s free masterclass which teaches things like: How to stop the bathroom trips, improve your posture, and put the fire back into your sexy with a super easy stretch (that you can do in just 30 seconds, anywhere, anytime) and why kegels might be causing leaking or making your pelvic pressure and pain worse, how to know if this is the case, and what to do instead. Even your doctor won’t be able to share this with you. Isa has helped almost 15,000 women to find relief and freedom. Claim your spot at her incredible free masterclass at pelvicpainrelief.com/healing.