I am back today with Eileen Durfee, a former nuclear power plant engineer who, like many of us, has battled through a lot of her own health problems. Eileen has figured out a really innovative solution called the Neck Shaper that helps the misalignment of spinal posture that causes many back and neck problems. There are so many factors in our modern society that put a strain on posture, such as slouching over and looking down at phones way too much. The good news is the solution is much easier than you would expect.
And one huge bonus: she says we should never do sit-ups again. I’m listening, Eileen! 😉
Episode Highlights With Neck Shaper
- How misalignment of spinal posture can cause back and neck problems
- The reason looking down at our phones so much can cause a force of hundreds of pounds of pressure on the neck and spine
- How treating the root cause and treating the symptoms are so different when it comes to neck and back pain
- The reason to stop doing sit-ups
- Some simple exercises to try for back and neck pain
- The role a good diet plays in flexibility, mobility, and strength
- How to care for joints and keep them healthy (the answer may surprise you!)
- Tips for weightlifters: how to lift weights while respecting alignment
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- The Neck Shaper Kit
- Creatix Products, Vision, and Mission by Eileen Durfee
- Book: Your Body’s Many Cries for Water
More From Wellness Mama
- 302: 5 Ways to Move for Improved Posture, Sleep, and Health With Align Method
- 273: The Power of Movement for Mind and Body With Aaron Alexander of The Align Podcast
- 202: How Footwear Affects Posture, Alignment & Movement With Gordon Hay From ALINE
- 221: Natural Movement, Sustainable Fitness, and Lifelong Health With Dr. Mark Cucuzzella
- 106: Why to Stop Doing Kegels & Squat Instead With Katy Bowman
- Health Benefits of Rebounding
- How to Improve the Vestibular System with Sensory Swings & Activities
- How to Lose Weight: What Worked for Me to Lose 80+ Pounds
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse, my new personal care product line of natural and good-for-you haircare, toothpaste, hand sanitizer and more. You’ve likely heard that much of what you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body, which is a good reason to avoid harmful products, but you can also use this to your advantage by putting beneficial things on your body! Realizing that many of my closest friends still used certain conventional personal care products even though they’d cleaned up many other parts of their diet and home, I set out to create alternatives that outperformed the existing conventional options, with no harmful ingredients, and Wellnesse was born. Our good-for-you haircare and mineral rich toothpaste nourish your body from the outside in while you nourish it from the inside out, for amazing hair and teeth. Check it out at Wellnesse.com.
This podcast is sponsored by Paleovalley, one of my favorite companies with some of my favorite products. Right now, I’m especially a fan of their Vitamin C complex – the most powerful, 100% natural, vitamin C product on the planet with three of the most concentrated natural sources of vitamin C: amla berry, camu camu berry, and unripe acerola cherry to deliver 750% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C – to help you thrive, not just survive. Most other vitamin C supplements are derived from GMO corn and only contain one fraction of the vitamin – ascorbic acid. Humans are the only mammals that don’t make their own vitamin C. This means we must get it from our diets. More than just a boost to the immune system, it plays a critical role in many of the body’s functions and is a powerful antioxidant. It also aids in tissue regeneration, the absorption of iron, and production of collagen. Go to paleovalley.com/mama for 15% off!