Marjory Wildcraft is the founder of The Grow Network, an organization working tirelessly to protect the environment and create a greener Earth. Marjory shares why commercial agriculture and conventional medicine are two of the most destructive forces on the planet, and why we can and should grow and make our own medicine and food.
Episode Highlights With Marjory Wildcraft
- A big problem with the current thinking on germs
- The link between penicillin and MRSA
- Factors contributing to the rise in superbugs
- Why antibiotic overuse is so dangerous and what to do about it
- A very important reason to choose only organic and grass-fed meat without antibiotics
- Why superbugs could mean the end of modern medicine as we know it
- When antibiotics are actually needed for ear infections
- Why superbugs may mean that one day there will be no such thing as a minor surgery
- What we can all do individually to help stop the spread of superbugs
- And more!
Resources We Mention
Learn more about Marjory Wildcraft and The Grow Network here.
- Vitamin C & sepsis study published in Chest
- Video: Treating Infections Without Antibiotics
- Just Thrive Probiotics
- Book: Avalanche: Heretical Reflections on the Dark and the Light
More From Wellness Mama
- 96: Using Natural and Traditional Medicine to Fix the Gut Microbiome with Dr. Ken Brown
- Why I Don’t Use Antibacterial Soap
- Why I Don’t Reduce a Fever (& What I Do Instead)
- How to Make Elderberry Syrup
- How to Make an Herbal Poultice
- Ear Infection Natural Remedies
- Garlic Olive Oil Remedy for Ear Infections
- What’s in My Medicine Cabinet
- How to Test Your Gut Microbiome (At Home Without a Doctor)
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have about superbugs? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Organifi and I’m so excited to tell you about them! Here’s a confession… I’ve known about them for a long time and even though so many of my friends and experts I trust rave about them, I never tried their stuff until recently because I thought… how can it actually be that good? Well, I tried it and it turns out that it is not only that good, it’s even better! Organifi has green juice, red juice (which is an antioxidant red drink that is delicious) and a golden milk turmeric drink, along with a plant-based protein shake. They are all organic and they actually taste good, unlike a lot of other green drinks and protein powders. I’ve especially been loving their red juice lately… it tastes amazing and has a blend of antioxidants from strawberries, cranberries, blueberries and pomegranates along with beets, cordyceps, reishi, rhodiola, and more. This particular blend is formulated to increase energy, boost metabolism and reduce factors that lead to aging. Their green juice is minty and delicious and has almost 800 5-star reviews… You can check it out, along with their whole suite of products and save 20% by going to https://organifi.com/wellnessmama/ with coupon code WELLNESS20.
This podcast is sponsored by Thrive Market, my go-to holiday shop for all of the staples I need. My hubby and I are both the oldest in our families and we often end up hosting company for the holidays. In fact, last year, I cooked for over 40 people on Christmas Eve! We live in a pretty small town so running out last minute to find an ingredient I’m missing for a recipe isn’t always possible so I have to think ahead. I meal plan for the holidays weeks in advance and make sure to place a bulk order with Thrive so I have the ingredients I need and always order extra just in case so I can make a dish or healthy dessert to bring if we get invited to a party. This year, our family is adopting a few families who were affected by the hurricane and I’ve tripled my order so I can make extra for them too. Thrive Market makes the whole process easier and I don’t have to stress about last minute planning. I highly recommend checking them out and ordering ahead of time to keep the holidays stress free. Just for being a Wellness Mama Podcast listener, you can get an extra 25% off your first purchase plus a free 30 day membership to try it out. Check out Thrive Market at thrivemarket.com/katie