Financial struggles can be a major source of stress for couples and parents, and I think this last year has made that even more acute for a lot of people. To start a conversation around this topic, I invited Michael Stevens, a financial advisor I personally use and trust. He runs CapitalWealth.com, a site you should definitely check out.
We cover everything from the very basic, like savings versus investing, to some more advanced beneficial financial strategies that you can use for your family. Michael and I also share our tips for setting kids up for financial success from a young age.
Let’s jump in!
Episode Highlights With Michael Stevens
- Learn the biggest corollary between health and financial wellness
- How to decide when to save and when to invest
- Choosing the best investment options for you
- Why it isn’t how much you make but how much you keep that counts
- The right way to look at taxes (& why taxes are on sale!)
- How to use a Roth IRA to your advantage (or for your kids)
- Ways to use investment vehicles like life insurance for long-term wealth
- His advice for setting up a long-term financial plan that minimizes risk and grows over time
- The importance of using a fiduciary when working with advisors
- Strategies for saving and investing to create long-term financial security
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Capital Wealth
- Michael Stevens LinkedIn
- Money: Master the Game by Tony Robbins
- How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton Christensen
More From Wellness Mama
- 407: Working Toward Financial Independence and Time Freedom With Joe DiSanto
- 215: Breaking Financial Stress to Create Wealth and Wellth for Life With Krisstina Wise
- 366: The Man Who Forgot to Die on Remembering to Live With Khalil Rafati
- Why We Are Creating a Business Incubator for Our Kids (And How)
- 11 Baby Steps Toward a Zero-Waste Home (That Save Time and Money Too!)
Did you enjoy this episode? How does your family work toward financial health? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Flying Embers, a better-for-you alcohol brand that brews Hard Kombucha with probiotic-powered Hard Seltzer. All of their products are zero sugar, zero carbs, USDA certified organic, and brewed with live probiotics and adaptogens. They’re also all keto, gluten-free, vegan, and low in calories, so they’re a great option for a functional low-calorie drink that is delicious. I love their flavors. They have some really unique ones, like Grapefruit Thyme and Guava Jalapeno, and I’m a big fan of their Clementine Hibiscus. All of their products are artfully crafted with a dry fermentation process, which gives the Hard Kombucha a perfectly balanced natural sweetness that tastes amazing despite having zero sugar and carbs. We’ve worked out an exclusive deal just for you. Receive 15% off your whole order. To claim this deal, go to flyingembers.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout and the discount is only available on their website. And they’re also available nationwide at grocery stores, anywhere you find beer and hard seltzers, but check out where to find them and get the discount, flyingembers.com/wellnessmama.
This podcast is sponsored by BluBlox glasses. Did you know that Blue light damages our eyes and leads to digital eye strain when it comes from artificial sources? Symptoms of digital eye strain are blurred vision, headaches and dry watery eyes. For some this could even cause heightened anxiety, depression, and low energy. I personally noticed that when I was exposed to blue light after dark, I didn’t sleep as well and felt more fatigued the next day. BLUblox are the evidenced backed solution to this problem and made under optics laboratory conditions in Australia. They have over 40 styles and come in prescription and non-prescription so there is a pair for everyone. I also love that BLUblox is also giving back by working in partnership with Restoring Vision in their buy one gift one campaign. For each pair of BLUblox glasses purchased they donate a pair of reading glasses to someone in need. Really awesome company and really awesome mission. Get free shipping worldwide and 20% off by going to blublox.com/wellnessmama or enter code wellnessmama at check out.