Today you get the real inside scoop as I sit down with my husband Seth for a long-awaited podcast chat. He’s the mastermind of all things tech behind the Wellness Mama website and podcast, and I couldn’t do what I do without him!
Obviously and most importantly we also tackle the business of raising a family together, and we get into the nitty gritty of parenting, marriage, and all that entails.
Episode Highlights With My Husband
- How we met under unusual circumstances
- What my husband thinks of all my health experiments 🙂
- How he helped me launch the website
- What made him open to entrepreneurship
- The values we hold in common (and the ones we don’t)
- How we solve our differences
- One thing we always aim for in business and in life
- Our recent sauna experiment and other favorite health hacks
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Nutrition Genome
- Everlywell testing
- 252: How to Activate Peak Brain Performance With Neuroscientist Dr. Andrew Hill
- Oura Ring
- Heads Up Health app
- Biometric scale
- Flo Tracker ovulation app
- Barrel sauna
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman (by the founder of Patagonia)
- Seth on Instagram
More From Wellness Mama
- 341: Q&A With Katie: Motivation, Magnesium, Homeschooling & Parenting Teens
- 340: My Son Talks Entrepreneurship, Homeschooling, Sustainability, and His Cookbook Chef Junior
- 268: Tildet Varon on Positive Parenting & Effective Family Communication
- 85: How to Raise an Entrepreneur: Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers & Change Makers
- Why We Are Creating a Business Incubator for Our Kids (And How)
- Natural Alternatives to Hormonal Contraceptives
- How to Use Fertility Monitors to Space or Avoid Pregnancy
- What’s the Deal With Coffee Enemas?
- Water Fasting Benefits, Dangers & My Personal Experience
- How to Balance Business and Family Life (& Succeed at Both)
What did you think? Did you enjoy meeting my better half? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Joovv Red Light Therapy. Like many of you, I am always trying to find different ways to keep my wellness routine in check. I’ve noticed some of the things that are most helpful to me are practicing daily gratitude, a no-phone rule one hour before and after bed, eating healthy and exercising, and if you’ve been listening to me for a while now, getting in my light therapy sessions. I’ve told you before about why I personally love Joovv before: the skin and hair benefits are awesome and I find that I recover faster from soreness after working out. Joovv is my preferred red light therapy device because it has a patented, modular system that lets you build as you go so you can find a way to fit it into your budget. They have full-body devices (Joovv Elite & Duo) and you can keep connecting these pieces together to make it as big of a device as you like. They also have a Desktop model (Joovv Mini), which is great for travel or for spot treating. Remember, when it comes to natural light modalities, bigger is better for optimal benefits, which is why their modular system is so unique. I wanted my listeners to know they offer exclusive discounts on larger devices when you upgrade your system within the first year of your initial purchase. Their unique modular design lets you build a larger, full-body system over time, and their bundle pricing ensures you’ll pay only what you would have paid if you bought the larger system from the start. Find out more at joovv.com/wellnessmama and use the code wellnessmama for a free gift.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, my new personal care company that is based on the DIY recipes I have been making for years. Many “clean” products simply don’t work. This is why I have spent the last decade researching and perfecting recipes for products that not only eliminate toxic chemicals but also have ingredients that work BETTER than the conventional alternatives by your body from the outside in. I’m so excited to finally share these products with you and wanted to tell you about our brand new dry shampoo, which is our newest product! Our dry shampoo takes care of all your hair needs, naturally. Tousle in clean hair to add volume, sprinkle to absorb oil or sweat, work in to maintain color-treated hair by skipping a wash or two. It contains Oil-absorbing kaolin clay and volume-boosting tapioca work together to refresh hair at the roots. Lavender oil and cactus flower help balance scalp and to keep the hairs natural pH. We even added hibiscus for healthy hair growth. Try it at Wellnesse.com – and TIP: grab a bundle and save with the built in discount or subscribe and save to save on each order!