Dr. Trevor Cates was the first woman licensed as a naturopathic doctor in the state of California and was appointed by former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to California’s Bureau of Naturopathic Medicine Advisory Council. Known as “The Spa Dr.,” Dr. Cates sees patients at world-renowned spas and in her Park City, Utah private practice with a focus on anti-aging, hormone balance and glowing skin.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- How your skin is a great indicator of your overall health
- Why external solutions won’t ever fix your skin if you don’t address the inside as well
- The foods that affect your skin (positively and negatively)
- Are antibiotics a good solution for acne?
- Why the pill can do more harm than good for long-term skin health
- How hormone balance affects skin health
- Why you want your skin care products to be slightly acidic
- Why some natural & DIY products won’t work
- Things that dermatologists don’t tell you about your skin (that are really important to know)
- Specific suggestions for dealing with acne naturally
- Home acne remedies that don’t require hormones or antibiotics
- The real scoop on Botox (and something that may work better)
- Ways to address eczema (internally and externally)
- How to deal with melasma
- Some specific skin care ingredients to watch out for
- Dr. Trevor’s best skin care tips
Resources We Mention
- Dr Trevor’s Website
- The Skin Quiz
- The Spa Doctor Podcast
- The Glowing Skin Summit (you can still get free bonuses)
- Article: Most harmful ingredients to look for in personal care products
- Product: Gelatin for healthy skin
- Article: Natural Remedies for Acne
- Article: Natural Remedies for Eczema
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Please leave any comments or feedback in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this interview, please share with family and friends via email or using the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review of the podcast on iTunes. Rankings and reviews really matter in the rankings of my podcast and I greatly appreciate every review and read each one.
Thanks to Vital Proteins for sponsoring this episode of the Wellness Mama podcast. I use gelatin and collagen powder daily in cooking, baking, smoothies, hot drinks and as a supplement. Collagen helps reduce wrinkles and improve skin health, so this may be the reason that I often hear “You look too young to have five kids!” If you’ve never tried gelatin or collagen, I definitely recommend checking our Vital Proteins! Use the code VPWM10 to get a 10% discount off your order!