It’s not every day you get to sit down with one of your personal role models! Gabrielle Reece is not only a volleyball legend but an inspirational figure for girls and women everywhere. You may already know Gabby as a former professional beach volleyball player and Nike’s first female spokeswoman, but in this episode, you’ll also get to know her as an entrepreneur, an amazing mom of 3, and a dedicated wife of 20 years.
What I appreciate most about Gabby is the positive message she sends to women everywhere about a healthy body image, the importance of relationships, and creating your own definition of success.
Episode Highlights With Gabby Reece
- Ways to help teenagers learn healthy self-love and body image
- Why freedom is key to motivation
- Strategies for raising kids who learn to be independent
- Why being a good role model doesn’t mean being perfect
- Characteristics of a healthy relationship and marriage
- Ways to model good communication and conflict resolution in a family
- The role of sports in the family
- How Gabby approaches exercise and fitness today (and how you can train with her)
- The benefits of cold plunge
- A powerful mental switch that can lighten any mom’s load
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper: A Guide to the Less Than Perfect Life by Gabrielle Reece
- Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Stillness Is the Key by Ryan Holiday
- The Oxygen Advantage: The Simple, Scientifically Proven Breathing Techniques for a Healthier, Slimmer, Faster, and Fitter You by Patrick McKeown
- Found My Fitness (Rhonda Patrick)
- Barrel Sauna
- Clearlight Sauna
- 8 Sauna Benefits for Body and Mind
- Ice Bath Benefits: How Cold Therapy Improves the Body and the Brain
More From Wellness Mama
- 250: Sustainable Fitness, Cork, and Benefits of Rolling With Addie Conner
- 267: Solving Joint Pain & Why Sports Aren’t Good for Kids With Hunter Fitness
- 273: The Power of Movement for Mind and Body With Aaron Alexander of The Align Podcast
- 302: 5 Ways to Move for Improved Posture, Sleep, and Health With Align Method
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Beekeepers Naturals, superfood products from the hive that help support your family’s health. Right now, propolis has been a lifesaver with all of the sniffles and coughs going around where we live. Propolis is a resinous mixture that bees make in the hive and contains over 300 compounds including polyphenols and compounds that are antibacterial and a compound called pinocembrin that acts as an antifungal. Some studies have shown that propolis can speed wound healing. Its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties also make it great for fighting the sniffles. At first sign of any sniffles, sore throat, or coughing, I spray propolis in the throat and it almost always helps us bounce back quickly. I also use propolis before flying to avoid picking up anything on the plane. You can save 15% on propolis and all Beekeepers Naturals products at beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama with the code WELLNESSMAMA.
This episode is sponsored by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to create safe, natural, and obsessively tested products for families. You’ve heard that much of what you put on your body gets absorbed and goes into your body. We turned this idea on its head, creating products that aren’t just safe to put on your hair, skin and in your mouth but that are also beneficial. We started with the toughest first, creating the first of its kind — a natural toothpaste that is free of fluoride and glycerin and that contains ingredients like green tea, neem, and hydroxyapatite to support oral health. Our haircare is free of harmful ingredients and contains ingredients like lavender and nettle to support healthy hair! Be the first to try it at Wellnesse.com