Esther Blum is an Integrative Dietitian and High Performance Coach who has helped thousands of women permanently lose weight, eliminate the need for medication, lose stubborn belly fat, and reverse chronic illness. You may have seen her on Dr. Oz, The Today Show, or Fox News Live. She is also the bestselling author of Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat and Eat, Drink and Be Gorgeous, just to name a few of her books I love.
Esther coaches clients through her online practice, teaching them how to cultivate a warrior mindset when it comes to healing their relationship with food and unconditionally loving their bodies. It’s such a powerful, positive message and I’m so grateful for her work.
Episode Highlights With Esther Blum
- Why women need protein so much
- How much protein you actually need (hint: it’s more than you think)
- The best time of day to eat carbs to improve sleep (and so you won’t gain weight)
- The keys to tackling insomnia without medication
- Specific nutrients that support hormones
- The underlying causes of anxiety and the easy solutions many women miss
- How fat around the midsection is tied to many health problems and what to do about it
- The many reasons you should lift weights often
- The simple weight loss formula that works for all of her clients
- Why weightlifting is better than Metformin for blood sugar
- What to know about cortisol to keep hormones happy
- How the Dutch test can help you know whats going on with your hormones
- The importance of morning sunlight
- And so much more!
Resources We Mention
- EstherBlum.com – Special Offer: The first 12 listeners to book an appointment at EstherBlum.com/call will receive a free 30-minute personalized consult (value $500)
Books By Esther Blum
- Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat: The Paleo Chic Diet for Rapid Results
- Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous: A Nutritionist’s Plan to Living Well While Living It Up
- The Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous Project: Three Months to a New You
- Secrets of Gorgeous: Hundreds of Ways to Live Well While Living It Up
Books Esther Recommends
- Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies About the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You’re Eating by Jeffrey Smith
- Beyond the Pill: A 30-Day Program to Balance Your Hormones, Reclaim Your Body, and Reverse the Dangerous Side Effects of the Birth Control Pill by Dr. Jolene Brighten
- The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America’s Favorite Health Food by Kaayla T. Daniel
- Poliquin Principles (Charles Poliquin weightlifting techniques)
More From Wellness Mama
- 271: How to Calm Your Hormones and Stop Being Hangry With Sarah Fragoso
- 265: With Hormones, Normal Isn’t Always Normal With Dr. Shawn Tassone
- 80: What Your Monthly Cycle Reveals About Your Hormones With Alisa Vitti
- 108: Why the Birth Control Pill Screws Up Hormones & What to Use Instead
- On Women & Weight: A Manifesto
- How to Fix Leptin Resistance to Control Weight, Cravings & More
- 10 Tips to Help Balance Hormones Naturally
Did you enjoy this episode? Which questions do you have for Esther? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by The Ready State. If you’re at all like me, you might have perpetual stiffness and pain in your neck and shoulders from years of working, carrying kids and all of the demands of parenting. Or sore hips from too much sitting or multiple pregnancies. I found a great way to relieve my aches and pains and improve my fitness and flexibility. It’s from someone I highly respect… Dr. Kelly Starrett at The Ready State. If you don’t know Kelly, he’s a Mobility and movement coach for Olympic gold medalists, world champions, and pro athletes. He’s the Author of two New York Times bestselling books, including “Becoming a Supple Leopard”, which has sold over half a million copies. He has over 150,000 hours of hands-on experience training athletes at the highest levels. A Doctor of Physical Therapy who helps top companies, military organizations, and universities improve the wellness and resilience of their team members. He created a program called Virtual Mobility Coach. This program is easy to do from home each day, making it ideal for me, and for most moms. And I can do with my kids. Every day, Virtual Mobility Coach gives you fresh, guided video exercises. They show you proven techniques to take care of your body, relieve pain, and improve flexibility. And you can customize your videos in three ways. If you’re in pain, you can pull up a picture of the human body and click on what hurts. And from there, Virtual Mobility Coach will give you a customized pain prescription to help you find relief. Second, you can find a library of soothing recovery routines in the daily maintenance section. They’re a great way to wind-down and practice self-care from the comfort of your home. And third, for athletes, Virtual Mobility Coach also has an entire section of pre- and post-exercise routines for more than four dozen sports and activities. They help you warm-up before your workout so you can perform your best with a lower risk of injury. Right now, you can try Virtual Mobility Coach totally risk-free for two weeks without paying a penny. And after that, you can get 50% off your first three months. Just go to thereadystate.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA50 at checkout. That’s half-off your first three months when you sign up for a monthly plan. And you’ll get personalized techniques to relieve nagging pain and improve your fitness and flexibility.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, a new company I co-founded to tackle the toughest personal care products and create natural and safe products that work as well as conventional alternatives. I realized that even the most natural of my friends still used conventional toothpaste and shampoo because they weren’t willing to sacrifice quality. There are natural options and ones that work,but find products that do both was almost impossible. We tackled the toughest first, creating the first and only natural toothpaste that is fluoride and glycerin free, and that has calcium and hydroxyapatite to uniquely support the mineral balance in the mouth. It also contains neem oil and green tea to support a healthy bacterial balance in the mouth and fight bad breath. Be the first to try it and our innovative natural hair care at wellnesse.com