I am here with my friend Jodi Cohen from Vibrant Blue Oils, talking all about olfactory and transdermal methods of using essential oils for things like calming anxiety, helping the body achieve parasympathetic, improving sleep and focus, reducing inflammation, and much more. Her story is pretty incredible. She’s been through some pretty tough things and has found big benefit from a lot of these methods that she mentions today.
Jodi shares some of her tips, including a simple technique (that literally takes two seconds!) helps balance the brain quickly. (And yes it works on kids and is completely safe!). So definitely stay tuned for that one toward the end of the interview.
Also find out how you can get a free gift from Jodi, below!
Episode Highlights With Jodi Cohen
- How to use certain substances in essential oils to calm anxiety and support brain related challenges
- How essential oils can affect the vagus nerve and nervous system
- The importance of parasympathetic nervous system and how to achieve it
- How some oils are stimulating vs calming and why this is important
- The way certain oils used topically on the vagus nerve can work like acupuncture
- Her simple technique based in functional neurology that helps balance the brain quickly
- How smelling certain things can change the brain (if you smell through your left nostril)
- Her 80/20 for better health: someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Vibrant Blue Oils
- Free Essential Oils Book Gift
- Essential Oils to Boost the Brain & Heal the Body book
- Wellnesse Products Review
- The Four Agreements
More From Wellness Mama
- 138: How to Use Specific & Targeted Essential Oil Blends to Support the Brain & Parasympathetic Nervous System (With Jodi Cohen)
- Ways to Activate the Lymphatic System to Boost Immunity
- How to Stimulate Vagus Nerve Function to Reduce Inflammation and Support the Brain
- Dry Brushing for Skin: 5 Benefits & How to Do It the Right Way
- Health Benefits of Essential Oils
Do you have questions or comments for me or Jodi? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, you’ve likely heard me talk about them before and they’re still my source for mushroom infused coffee, tea, drinks, protein powders and more! Mushrooms like Lion’s Mane, Chaga, Cordyceps, and Reishi support the body in various ways, and I find they help me improve focus, sleep, immunity and more! I especially love their coffee packets with Lion’s Mane. They have less caffeine than regular coffee and the Lion’s mane gives an extra boost of energy and focus without the jitters! The packets are especially convenient for on the go or even to add to regular coffee for the extra focus. I always keep a couple in my purse. Check them, and all Four Sigmatic products, out at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and use code wellnessmama for 10% off.
This podcast is brought to you by Olipop natural soda. It tastes just like the sodas I grew up with, but unlike other sodas that are full of sugar, corn syrup, and artificial ingredients like aspartame, OLIPOP is made with natural ingredients that are actually good for you. They have delicious nostalgic flavors like Vintage Cola, Classic Root Beer, Orange Squeeze, Cherry Vanilla and Strawberry Vanilla. I personally love the strawberry vanilla and the orange. They are so confident that you will LOVE their products that they offer a 100% money back guarantee for orders placed through their website. We’ve worked out a special deal for Wellness Mama podcast listeners. Receive 15% off your purchase. I recommend trying their variety pack. This is a great way to try all of their delicious flavors. Go to drinkolipop.com/wellnessmama or use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout to claim this deal. OLIPOP can also be found in over 5,000 stores across the country, including Kroger, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Wegmans.