Jodi Sternoff Cohen is one of my favorite people to talk to on one of my favorite subjects: the healing benefits (and safe use) of essential oils. Jodi combined her training in nutrition and aromatherapy to create Vibrant Blue Oils, a company that makes organic and wild-crafted essential oil blends carefully targeted to specific health needs. And she had good reason for doing so.
Essential Oil Blends for Anxiety, Insomnia, Adrenals, Autism, and More
Like so many of my guests (and like myself) her story starts with her own health struggle. Jodi credits essential oils for helping heal her anxiety, her insomnia, even autoimmunity (a tough one to tackle, as I know firsthand).
What’s more, Jodi is also a best-selling author and award-winning journalist. Her book Healing with Essential Oils has been wildly praised as one of the most well-researched consumer books on essential oils in years. She basically synthesizes decades of scientific research so that you can hit the ground running, and tackle your own health issues.
Jodi, thanks for being here! Let’s dive in …
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- how Jodi fought her way through personal trials, adrenal fatigue, and even an autoimmune condition with the help of essential oils
- why essential oils work, which oils to use, and how to use them properly
- why dousing yourself in essential oils is like drinking water from a fire hose
- how the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems affect our health (and which state moms may get “stuck” in)
- a possible unintended consequence of the “Me Too” campaign
- all about the vagus nerve and how it’s like a highway to health (or disease)
- potential uses for essential oils and autism in kids
- hormonal changes that take place when we go to sleep (and how to correct it if it’s out of balance)
- three kinds of stress responses (and the correlating areas of the brain) … and how to switch off stress
- why your brain actually shrinks while you sleep
- Jodi’s quick and powerful tip for managing anxiety … and why you only need one nostril and lavender to do it
- and more!
What else would you like to know about essential oils? Have any favorite ways to use them? Please share in the comments or leave me a review on iTunes. I read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Resources We Mention
Learn more about Jodi (and order oils) at VibrantBlueOils.com
- Healing with Essential Oils: How to Use Them to Enhance Sleep, Digestion, and Detoxification While Reducing Stress and Inflammation by Jodi Sternhoff Cohen (Kindle is only $10 and this is such a great book)
- Essential Oil Diffuser
Related Podcast Episodes
From Around the Blog
- Health Benefits of Essential Oils
- Risks and Uses of Essential Oils
- Essential Oils for Hormone Balance
- Essential Oil Diffuser Review
- 5 Essential Oils I Use Daily
- Frankincense Oil Uses and Benefits
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- How to Deep Clean a Washing Machine (Naturally)
Health & Beauty Recipes
- DIY Foaming Face Wash with Hydrosol & Essential Oils
- 19 Natural Cleaning Tips (+ Easy Recipes)
- Relaxing Pillow Spray Recipe with Essential Oils
- Spiced Essential Oil Soap for Men
- Essential Oil Cooling Spray for Summer
- How to Make Natural Deodorant
- 9 Nourishing Essential Oils for Hair Health & Strength
- How to Make Natural Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- All-Natural Homemade Bug Spray Recipes That Work!
- Herbal Face Oil Recipe
- Homemade Beard Oil Recipe
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Vivos. This is something we recently invested in for our entire family and we are absolutely loving it and here is why. So, data shows that the nutrition we receive in utero determines our palate development and how narrow or open our airway and jaw structure are. So a narrow mouth, jaw and airway increase the chances of needing braces, of getting sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and much more. But it was pretty much assumed that your jaw structure was set in stone once you were born or for sure after the first couple of years of life. But Vivos has found that not only is this not true, but they created a non-invasive, non-surgical, easy way of widening the maxilla, the jaw and the airway. So for our kids, this means that they get to avoid the braces that my husband and I both had and for my husband, this means his sleep apnea has disappeared and he stopped snoring, which is a bonus for me. I’ll be writing more about this soon but you can check them out, in the meantime, at wellnessmama.com/go/vivos.
This podcast is also brought to you by Good Culture. Good Culture makes amazing cottage cheese. I know, I know, not necessarily two words you would put in the same sentence on everyday speaking. But theirs is awesome, I promise, even if you don’t love cottage cheese. Basically, it’s naturally fermented cottage cheese so it’s free of gums, fillers, and additives and it’s packed with probiotics. And because it’s made naturally it doesn’t have that weird mouth feel that a lot of cottage cheese has. So, I use it all the time in cooking and smoothies as a substitute for other types of cheese, or just a meal on the go. You can find it at Whole Foods and many other grocery stores and it comes in yogurt sized cups too, and those are perfect for meals. Check them out. It’s Good Culture and they are available at many grocery stores.