If you want an easier, quicker way to be healthy (and who doesn’t, really) Dave Asprey is your man! He took his background in computer technology and invested over $1 million to study how to “hack” his own biology for better health. The result? He lost over 100 pounds and drastically improved his life in every way.
Now Dave Asprey helps thousands of people daily through his books, his blog, his podcast, and his famous Bulletproof Coffee that is a delicious and easy way to feed your body the right kind of fats.
Biohack Your Health with Dave Asprey …
In this episode Dave shares how to feel better and reverse aging by powering up the mitochondria in your cells. He’s a dad too, and he shares ways to give your kids the best foundation in life, which I love.
This is Biohacking 101 for Moms … here we go!
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- what your mitochondria do for your body (yes we’re going back to grade school biology!) and why they control your health
- why he chose the title “Head Strong” for his book
- the reason why Dave gives his kids coffee every morning!
- the biggest factors affecting mitochondrial function in our environment today
- how to “talk” to your mitochondria and tell them to shape up and work better in just minutes a day … really!
- why willpower might not have much to do with your ability to say “no” to unhealthy foods
- how Dave has managed to “age backwards” … and what his secret is
- things you can do to radically improve kids’ behavior in just minutes a day
- why eating the right fats (and a few other health hacks) might be all you need to feel young again
- the hidden factors in our environment that derail the good choices we do make
- why HIIT (high intensity interval training) is one of the best ways to wake up the mitchondria
- how to use ketosis (yep there’s that word again!) as a tool against mitochondrial aging and dysfunction
- what the hormones ghrelin and CCK have to do with your waistline … and how to make them work for you
- Dave’s best tips for biohacking your kids’ diet
- real ways to help the kids the next time they say “Mom, I can’t sleep…”
- and last but not least … why a cold shower might actually be a good idea (for women too!)
Resources We Mention
Follow Dave Asprey at Bulletproof.com
- Brain Octane
- Head Strong by Dave Asprey
- The Bulletproof Diet by Dave Asprey
- The Bulletproof Cookbook by Dave Asprey
- The Better Baby Book by Lana and Dave Asprey
- True Dark Twilight Glasses
- Bulletproof Coconut Charcoal
- Kettle & Fire Bone Broth
- Healthy Night Light
Related Episodes & Articles
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- The Harmful Effects of Sugar
- Why I Wear Blue Light Blocking Glasses (at Night)
- Why My Kids Don’t Have a Night Light
- Do Food Dyes Affect Behavior?
- How to Make Bone Broth (Recipe)
- What Is Collagen Powder (and How to Use It)
Will you try any of Dave Asprey’s biohacks? What was your favorite tip from this episode? Please share in the comments, or leave me a review to continue the conversation! I read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by My Green Mattress. If you’ve been reading Wellness Mama, you know that I have used and recommended natural and organic mattresses for years. I’ve tried a lot of natural options and I love all the ones that we’ve tried. But I’ve been getting a lot of requests for a more budget friendly option that is good for kids. Which is why when our littlest needed a bigger mattress, we ordered one from My Green Mattress. They are GOT and GOLS certified, they are GREENGUARD certified and they’re completely natural. They’re also much less expensive than a lot of natural mattresses. Check them out and find out more at wellnessmama.com/go/green-mattress.
This podcast is also brought to you by MyoBuddy. This thing is one of my daily ways to relax because it combines the benefits of infrared heat, percussive massage, and vibrational therapy for what I can only describe as a mixture of deep tissue massage and myofascial release all in one device. It has really reduced my muscle tension and my need for massage. Athletes use it for faster recovery and many people with conditions like MS or chronic fatigue use this for muscle relief. Find out more at wellnessmama.com/go/myobuddy and be sure to use the code MAMA18 to get $100 off!