Today’s guest is back for a much requested part two, it’s no surprise. Carol Garner-Houston is an incredible powerhouse of knowledge and has helped thousands of families who are struggling through things like ADD, ADHD, sensory processing, and many other struggles. We’re going to go deep on all of those topics today.
Carol currently serves as an occupational therapist and neuroplastician in her private therapy center, Brain Harmony. You’ll often find her applying brain mapping protocols and modalities that are changing IQ scores, connecting speech in adults who have never spoken, and rewiring connections to hemiplegic limbs post-stroke. It’s truly incredible. I’m privileged to sit down with her today and talk more in-depth, not to mention answer all of your questions from the last podcast with Carol.
Episode Highlights With Carol Garner-Houston
- What Carol has been up to since our last podcast
- The technology Brain Harmony uses to reorganize and structure the brain
- Carol’s hypothesis as to why she’s seeing a rise in children struggling with speech and neurological disorders
- What neuroplasticity means and how our brain uses it to adapt
- The role of the vestibular system in brain balance
- Genetic and lifestyle factors contributing to brain disorders, and how to identify them
- The Safe & Sound Protocol and how it activates the vagus nerve to help learning and attention problems
- Non-invasive techniques for activating a child’s ability to hear, speak, or read
- Advances in the brain science frontier that could help symptoms of stroke, Parkinson’s, and other brain-centered issues
- Why someone with MTHFR might be a candidate for Brain Harmony
- Natural ways to calm the nervous system… without a prescription
- Some heart-to-heart advice for the overwhelmed caregiver
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Brain Harmony
- Book: The Brain That Changes Itself
- Docs Outside the Box (St. Petersburg, Florida)
More From Wellness Mama
- 39: Is ADHD Under Diagnosed?
- 107: Improve Your Brain to Avoid Alzheimer’s, Dementia, & Memory Loss with Dr. Perlmutter
- 128: ADD, ADHD & Behavior Challenges with Psychologist and Nutritionist Dr. Nicole Beurkens
- 151: How Brain Harmony is Improving Autism & Sensory Disorders
- 157: How Music Like Wholetones Can Change the Brain and the Body
- 199: How Diet Directly Affects Mental Health With Autumn Smith of Paleovalley
- 224: How to Use Sound and Music to Optimize Focus and Sleep With Brain.fm
- How to Improve the Vestibular System with Sensory Swings & Activities
- Natural Remedies for ADHD in Children
- Can Probiotics Improve Your Brain?
- How Your Phone Is Changing Your Brain
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom Benefits for Cognition, Memory & More
Do you know someone who struggles with a brain or nervous system disorder? What questions can I bring to Carol for you? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Genexa – the first and only line of organic and non-GMO medicines with a homeopathic and traditional OTC formulas. Created by two dads, I love all of their products and that with their patented system, they don’t need artificial fillers, dyes, artificial sweeteners or preservatives. I keep their cold crush, flu fix and saline on hand for the first sign of sniffles. I love that these are organic and can help ease the symptoms while still letting the body fight like it is supposed to. To shop their full line of organic and non-GMO medicines, go to Genexa.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESS for 20% off your order.
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. If you’ve tried their delicious coffees and elixirs you know just how delicious they are, and if you haven’t, you are missing out! Four Sigmatic create superfood mushroom drinks that are easy to incorporate into your life. Their coffee packets, for instance, are easy to mix into hot or cold liquid, they taste amazing and have the added benefit of mushrooms like Lion’s Mane, Chaga and Cordyceps to give your brain an extra boost and tone down the jitters. They have slightly less caffeine, but I find double the focus from that. As a quick tip, I like to mix their coffee packets into almond milk for a cold brew type taste. Studies continually show the benefits of these superfood medicinal mushrooms for brain health, immune health, and so much more. My favorite is the coffee with Lion’s Mane in the morning for a smooth boost without the jitters of regular coffee and I also love their Reishi in the evening for amazing sleep. During the day, I’ll often add in a cup of Chaga or Cordyceps for the immune and focus benefits. You can check out all four stigmatic products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and save 15% with the code wellnessmama.