I’m here today with a holistic living expert I really admire. Dr. B. J. Hardick is known far and wide for his passion for teaching others how to design a lifestyle that supports the body’s natural ability to heal. He’s a master recipe creator and his book Maximized Living Nutrition Plans is used by over 500 chiropractic health clinics around the globe as a basis for nutritional counseling.
Healing the Body With Chiropractic Care
In addition to his chiropractic practice in London, Ontario, Dr. Hardick regularly contributes recipes and articles to sites like FoodMatters.com, MindBodyGreen.com, and the Huffington Post, not to mention his own blog at DrHardick.com with tons of quality info on whole food nutrition, his guided 7-day detox, best supplements to take, and more. Be sure to check out his links in the resources below!
Today he explains what chiropractic can do for the body, whether it’s safe for kids, and practical life changes that can help anyone detox and regain a natural state of balance.
Let’s dive in!
Dr. B. J. Hardick on How Parents Can Make a Difference
What makes Dr. Hardick stand out from the pack is his positive, upbeat, and balanced approach to making healthy choices in a toxic world. Even in the face of challenges, it’s not all doom and gloom. One thing I especially love to hear as a mom — Dr. B. J. credits his parents for instilling his outlook on health, even in the face of challenges. He explains:
My parents always had … this underlying philosophy that really we were created to be healthy. Even in the early days before there was a lot of education or a lot of access to information they really aligned with the philosophy that the body was supposed to work properly provided we don’t mess it up.
I only hope I can do the same for my kids!
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Dr. Hardick’s philosophy on health and why he believes in the body’s power to be healthy by design
- his unique upbringing and how it shaped his choice to become a chiropractor
- the health crisis he faced in his adulthood (despite doing everything “right”)
- why heavy metal toxicity can happen even if you live a healthy lifestyle
- ways modern 21st century life puts stress on health, and what to do about it
- 3 levels of detox and key ways to improve the body’s detoxification pathways
- his take on the ketogenic diet and whether women should fast
- an introduction to the chiropractic philosophy and how it works
- whether babies and kids need chiropractic
- and more!
Resources We Mention
Learn more about Dr. B .J. and his practice at DrHardick.com
- Get a copy of Dr. Hardick’s e-book Real Detox here
- Check out Dr. Hardick’s The Detox Project: A Max Living Seminar here (next event starts April 14th)
- Article by B. J. Hardick: Intermittent Fasting (Men vs. Women)
- Find a Pediatric Chiropractor
- Align Your Health: Discover the Essentials to a Healthy, Fulfilled Life by B. J. Hardick and Mark Hyman
- Maximized Living Nutrition Plans by Kimberly Roberto, Ben Lerner, and B. J. Hardick
- Slow Death by Rubber Duck: The Secret Danger of Everyday Things by Rick Smith and Bruce Lourie
For More on These Topics, See:
- 139: Understanding Generational Toxins and Epigenetic Changes with Dr. Mindy Pelz (Podcast)
- 113: Toxic Metals That Cause Fatigue & How to Detox Them (Podcast)
- 54: Baby Steps for Eating Real Food (Podcast)
- How to Get Kids to Eat Healthy Food
- Stocking A Real Food Kitchen
- How to Do a Ketogenic Diet (& Is It Safe for Women?)
- The Harmful Effects of Sugar
- Sulforaphane Benefits: How It Slows Aging, Fights Cancer & More
- How to Detox Heavy Metals Safely (& Get More Energy)
What has helped you find your own approach to healthy living? Do you have questions for Dr. Hardick? Please ask in the comments or leave me a review on iTunes. I read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Many Thanks to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Beekeepers Naturals. Our healing relationship with bees goes way back. Humans have been benefiting from bees and their nourishing superfoods since prehistoric times, from Cleopatra using honey to keep her youthful glow to Hippocrates prescribing propolis to cure everything from sores to bacterial infection. Beekeepers Naturals is dedicated to bringing the age-old benefits of bee products to modern times. They offer really high quality propolis, royal jelly, bee pollen, raw honey, and many other products. And all of these are sustainably sourced from a company that is dedicated to protecting and improving the bee population. My personal favorites are their propolis spray, which helped me head off a scratchy throat, and their B.LXR mix which is a mixture of all their bee products as a natural brain boost I use to stay sharp on busy days. You can check them out at wellnessmama.com/go/beekeepers.
This podcast is brought to you by Phat Fudge. If you’ve never tried it, this is essentially coffee meets fudge meets energy bomb and it’s delicious! Invented by my friend Mary Shenouda, this on-the-go food is nutrient dense and delicious. I often travel with a few of these in my suitcase for a quick breakfast or meal if there aren’t good food options whenever I’m traveling. Wellness Mama listeners can get a 20% off discount with the code “wellnessmama” at wellnessmama.com/go/phat-fudge.