My guest today is the exceptional Ben Greenfield, and since he won’t share his mile-long list of accomplishments himself, I’m going to brag on him for a bit.
He is a life-long complete nerd (which I can say because I’m one too). He started college at 16 and studied anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, pharmaceuticals, microbiology, biochemistry, and nutrition, graduating in 2004 at 20 years old as the top senior in his class.
Ben was accepted into six medical schools but opted for a master’s degree in exercise, physiology, and biomechanics. Now he has gyms and labs across the country and was voted America’s top personal trainer in 2008. He also founded Kion, a fitness company geared toward helping the world’s hard-charging, high achievers to achieve a truly limitless life.
I highly, highly recommend all of his books, especially Beyond Training and the Christian Gratitude Journal. He also has a blog and a podcast that reach millions each month, and I’ll link to those in the show notes.
In what he considers his greatest role, Ben is dad to two twin boys, and along with his wife Jessa, works hard at raising exceptional children who can lead the next generation. Today I’m hoping to tap into all of the wisdom he has to share, so we’re going deep into biohacking, anti-aging, raising amazing kids, and more!
Episode Highlights With Ben Greenfield
- Top three things he’s trying for biohacking right now (what’s working and what doesn’t)
- Why he loves red light as much as I do
- The reason photbiomodulation is so important and how to get it
- One easy food he loves to eat to boost health
- What PEMF is and how Ben uses it
- Simple ways to reduce inflammation
- How thymus injections may help slow aging
- What a placenta injection is and why someone would consider it
- Whether NAD IVs and injections are worth it, and how to replicate it inexpensively
- What sweetbreads are (hint: not bread) and why they are awesome
- The top things you can do for your health
- How structured water and hydrogen water are helpful for preventing aging
- What xenohormesis is and how it affects you
Resources We Mention
- Personal PEMF device
- Joovv light
- Clearlight sauna
- Barrel sauna
- Books by Ben Greenfield
- Books by John Ortberg
- Book: Parenting With Love and Logic
- Human Charger
- ReTimer Glasses
- Ben Greenfield Interview With Dr. William Pawluk: How PEMF Works
More From Wellness Mama
- 85: How to Raise an Entrepreneur: Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, & Change Makers
- 130: Biohacking for Moms & Reversing Aging with Bulletproof’s Dave Asprey
- 176: Heather Chauvin on Letting Go of Mom Guilt, Ending Tantrums, & Mindful Discipline
- 189: How Red Light Therapy or Photobiomodulation Works & How to Get the Benefits With Joovv
- 197: The Opposite of Being Spoiled: Raising Financially Responsible Kids With Ron Lieber
- 206: Your Parenting Mojo on Why We Need to Let Our Kids Take More Risks
- 237: World Travel With Kids, Worldschooling & Entrepreneurship With Wonderling Family
- 240: How Ethical Businesses Are Changing the World With Thrive Market Founder Nick Green
- 217: Do Saunas Work? Understanding the Benefits With Sunlighten Founder Connie Zack
- Anti-Aging Rosehip Seed Oil Facial Moisturizer (Better Than Botox)
- The Benefits of Red Light Therapy (Photobiomodulation)
- How to Balance Business and Family Life (& Succeed at Both)
- Infrared Sauna Benefits (& the Risks)
Did you enjoy this episode? What other questions do you have for Ben? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Thrive Market – a company I’ve loved for years, and that just continues to get better and better. I use their free app all the time to order pantry staples from companies I love, and always turn to their Thrive Market brand for even better discounts. Here’s a tip: use the app like a shopping list. Add things to cart as you think of them, or as you run out, or as you meal plan. Then, once you hit the threshold for free shipping, you order will be ready to go. Here’s another secret- thrive often runs free gift with purchase offers just for members as a thank you, so keep an eye out for those! I usually choose to order on days when there is a gift i love and have gotten some awesome free products over the years by doing this. Find out more about all of these and get an extra discount on your first order at thrivemarket.com/katie
This episode is brought to you by Kettle and Fire bone broth and soups. I’ve used these products for years and always keep my pantry well stocked with their products. They have chicken, chicken mushroom and beef bone broths, which are great as a base for soups or even just sipped on their own, but they now also have tomato, butternut and miso soups which are often part of meals at our house. Their newest products, chili and thai chicken soup are whole meals on their own and make last minute dinner so easy at my house! Their broths are made from grass fed and pastured animal bones and are a great source of collagen and amino acids like proline and glycine. I incorporate collagen in some form every day, and Kettle and Fire makes it tasty. Go to kettleandfire.com/wellnessmama and use coupon code wellnessmama20 for 20% off