The controversy surrounding EMFs never seems to end, and with good reason. The technology is changing quickly with the rise of 5G and wireless technology being in everything from your car to your fridge. The truth is, we don’t know the health effects of this technology and won’t fully know for years.
We’ve tackled this topic a few times on the podcast and the blog, but today we’ll get an update from EMF expert Daniel DeBaun of DefenderShield on new developments, especially those surrounding 5G.
Episode Highlights: The Advent of 5G
- what non-ionizing radiation is and why we need to be cautious of it
- what’s coming with 5G and why it is a big deal
- the surprising difference between 3G, 4G, and 5G
- why 5G represents a much bigger jump than previous generations
- how the EMF controversy can be related to trans fats
- how our current safety standards for cell phones was set 35 years ago (and needs an update)
- why kids are more vulnerable to the effects of EMFs than adults
- why women are more electrosensitive than men
- the effect of blue light from screens on circadian rhythm and sleep
- what studies show about EMFs, laptops, and sperm
- practical modifications you can make to your home and devices to make them safer
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- For the research and studies Daniel mentions see https://www.defendershield.com/learn/studies/
- Radiation Nation: The Fallout of Modern Technology by Daniel DeBaun
- The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs by Nicolas Pineault
- The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Body of Life by Robert Becker and Gary Selden
- DefenderShield for laptops
- Shields for tablets
- EMF shielding phone cases
- Programmable outlet timer
- Blue light blocking glasses
More From Wellness Mama
- 193: How to Protect Your Family From the Rise of 5G & Other EMFs
- 73: The Truth About EMFs, WiFi, and Radiation (+ How to Avoid Them!)
- 120: A Real-Life Approach to Reducing EMFs with Dr. Libby Darnell
- 154: Understanding and Mitigating EMFs in the Home With Peter Sierck From EMFRF
- 178: A Pediatrician Explains How EMFs Are Dramatically Affecting Our Children With EMF Kill Switch
- Is EMF Exposure Really a Big Deal?
- Why I Wear Blue Light Blocking Glasses (at Night)
- Why You Should Never Eat Vegetable Oil or Margarine
Are you concerned about EMFs? What do you do in your home?Also, please take two minutes to leave a review on iTunes. I value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well!
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Thrive Market – my go to place for real food online. The concept is simple – Thrive is like an online Costco meets Whole Foods for non perishables. They offer foods at a discount so you can get them at wholesale prices with membership and also have a line of many of their own organic and natural products at amazing prices. For instance, I place a big order once a month and stock up on pantry staples like coconut aminos, canned fish like sardines and tuna, condiments, nuts, flours, baking ingredients, spices and nutrient dense snack foods. Just for being a Wellness Mama Podcast listener, you can get an extra 25% off your first purchase plus a free 30 day membership to Thrive Market at thrivemarket.com/katie
This episode is brought to you by SteadyMD, a personalized primary care doctor platform online. Instead of impersonal visits with an on-call urgent care doctor or specialist, I now have 24/7 access to my doctor who knows my history whenever I need him. He knows I prefer to avoid antibiotics whenever possible, that I take the natural approach whenever possible and that I have thyroid disease. When I text or video chat because my kid got hurt and might need stitches, he knows my child’s name and her medical history. It’s truly like having an old school country medicine doctor who comes to your home, but with the convenience of text and Face Time. Like any doctor, these doctors can prescribe medicine, order labs and oversee specific health conditions like thyroid problems, or diabetes and autoimmunue disease. But unlike other doctors, you don’t have to sit in their office or be around a room full of sick people to get questions answered. And I don’t have to take any time away from my kids or work since I can video chat with my doc from home. I truly feel this is the future of healthcare and I’m loving it! Each of their docs can only take a limited number of patients (about 14 or 1/3 of a normal doc) so they have more time for each person, so check them out and learn more at steadymd.com/wm