We eat eggs for breakfast almost every day and sometimes the kids get tired of them. I often make different variations of coconut flour pancakes, but these easy almond flour pancakes are a favorite at our house!
My favorite part about them is that they only have three main ingredients and can be made in less than five minutes! I use this type of blanched almond flour as it provides a very smooth and fluffy texture but any high quality almond flour will work (though there will be some variation in the final pancake with different flours).
These are also very easy to customize by adding blueberries, dark chocolate chips, nuts, nutmeg and orange zest (donut flavor) or other spices of choice. They are GAPS legal and dairy optional, making them a fast, easy and allergen free treat! My kids also like these topped with banana slices and nuts, berries and homemade cream or just plain butter and maple syrup!
If you’ve gone grain free and are missing pancakes, try these!
Easy Almond Flour Pancakes
A simple and delicious almond flour pancake with only three necessary ingredients for a fast and healthy breakfast. This recipe is also very easy to double or triple for larger groups.
- 1.5 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of water or milk(or slightly less to desired thickness)
- Optional: spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, vanilla, blueberries or other flavors
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl using a hand blender or immersion blender until batter is a pourable consistency.
- Make one test pancake to check for desired thickness and texture.
- Cook all pancakes on a griddle or in a large pan for approximately 2-3 minutes per side until bubble form and both sides are golden brown.
What is your favorite on-the-go breakfast idea? Share below!