This is one of my favorite simple salad recipes.
My husband is Italian, and therefore likes all food that comes from “The Boot”. This tomato, basil, and mozzarella Caprese salad is an easy summer favorite that he loves (and the kids do to!). We make this often when our tomatoes are in season. This classic Italian dish is light, flavorful, and delicious!
I often find that the most simple recipes are sometimes the most delicious. This is especially true of recipes that contain seasonal produce during the time it is in season. Few things taste better than a truly fresh peach, tomato, or salad when they were just picked.
Italian Caprese Salad Recipe
Delicious and simple Caprese salad with tomatoes, mozarella, basil, olive oil, and spices.
- Slice tomatoes in ¼ or ½ inch thick slices, discarding top and bottom slice.
- Fan alternating tomato and mozzarella slices on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Sprinkle with shredded fresh basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Some people like to drizzle the finished salad with balsamic vinegar. I prefer ours plain, but if you like balsamic vinegar, drizzle away!
Serving Size 1/4 of total
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 25.4 g
Saturated Fat 9.2 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
Sodium 667 mg
Total Carbohydrates 6.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 13.7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ever had Caprese salad with fresh tomatoes from your own garden? What’s your favorite summer salad recipe? Share below!