Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is an easy recipe and makes a great appetizer or side dish. The salty flavors in the prosciutto balance the asparagus and a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of garlic add to the taste.
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus is healthy and also easy to make. My husband likes it because of the prosciutto and my kids eat it because the bunches of asparagus are wrapped into little packages that they can easily pick up (confession: I let my kids eat these with their fingers …)
If you have 15 minutes, I’d suggest trying this easy and delicious recipe.
Note: You can substitute bacon or slices of nitrate free ham for the prosciutto if you can’t find it where you live. I have to go to an Italian grocery to find it most of the time.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
Yield 8 -10 bundles
Delicious and healthy asparagus wrapped in prosciutto.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the asparagus and pat dry.
- Divide into little bunches. I usually divide one bunch of asparagus into 8 or 10 smaller ones.
- Wrap each small bunch of asparagus in a piece of prosciutto, ham, or bacon.
- Place on a baking sheet or in a large baking dish.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and lemon/garlic if using.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes until prosciutto/bacon/ham is starting to get crispy and asparagus is bright green. Check to make sure asparagus is tender (not soft!).
- Let sit 2 minutes and serve immediately.
These cute little bundles and make a fun side dish for kids or an elegant appetizer. They can even be assembled ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until time to cook.
Courses Side, appetizer
Serving Size 1 bundle
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.3 g
Saturated Fat 4.7 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 840 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 16.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Do you like asparagus? What’s your favorite way to prepare it? Share below!!