This is not an everyday recipe but is a healthy alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate Chip Cookies are the only dessert my husband likes, so I occasionally make these for him on birthdays or special occasions.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 6 -8
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the softened butter or coconut oil (or a mix of both) and stir well by hand until mixed. It should form a thick dough that is hard to stir.
- Add the egg and mix well. This should make the dough more formable and easier to mix. If needed, add a teaspoon or two of milk or water to thin. Finished dough should be easy to form.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand until incorporated.
- Form dough into tablespoon size balls and bake for 10 minutes or until tops are starting to be golden brown. The centers will be somewhat soft, but they will continue to harden once they are removed.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes and serve.
Tip: You can make a double batch and freeze the dough for later use.
What is your favorite type of cookie? Ever made a healthy version? Share below!