This is not an everyday recipe, but is a healthy alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate chip cookies are the only dessert my husband likes, so I occasionally make these for him on birthdays or special occasions.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the almond flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the softened butter or coconut oil (or a mix of both) and stir well by hand until mixed. It should form a thick dough that is hard to stir.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. This should make the dough easier to mix. If needed, add a teaspoon or two of milk or water to thin. Finished dough should be easy to form.
- Add chocolate chips and stir by hand until incorporated.
- Form dough into tablespoon size balls and bake for 10 minutes or until tops are starting to brown. The centers will be somewhat soft, but they will firm up a bit as they cool.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes and serve.
What is your favorite type of cookie? Ever made a healthy version? Share below!