It seems that this flu season is going to be a bad one, and elderberry syrup is one of my favorite natural remedies for avoiding or beating the flu. These flu busting gummy bears combine the immune boost from elderberry syrup with the gut benefits of gelatin for a healthy and delicious way to beat the flu.
Elderberry Gummy Bears Recipe
My kids love these! In fact, that is why the ones in the picture above look a little rough — little hands kept touching them while I was trying to take pictures!
To make this recipe, you’ll need to make homemade elderberry syrup first (don’t worry, it is easy!) and then make them into gummy bears.
Flu Busting Gummy Bears Recipe
Yield 60 gummies
Homemade gummy bears with a base of elderberry syrup help boost the immune system and are fun for kids (or adults) to take!
- Grease molds or glass pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
- Place ¼ cup of cooled elderberry syrup in a 2 cup measuring cup and quickly whisk in the gelatin powder.
- Add the ½ cup of hot (not boiling) water and stir quickly until smooth.
- Add the rest of the elderberry syrup and stir or whisk until completely smooth.
- Pour into molds and refirgerate for 2 hours or until completely firm.
- Pop out of molds and store in airtight container with parchment paper between layers.
Take daily as needed to avoid flu or take every few hours to help beat the flu faster.
Will last up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container (could last longer, but I haven't tried it since they never last that long at my house!).
Serving Size 2 gummies
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Sodium 2 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2.7 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 0.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ever tried to make homemade healthy gummy bears? How did they turn out? Share below!