The other day, I didn’t have enough bacon to make my bacon and egg breakfast muffins, but I needed something that could cook on its own while I cleaned the kitchen. I had some nitrate free ham in the fridge, and figured it was worth a try …
These were delicious and very simple to make! These could easily be made ahead of time to have on hand all week, and they could be made with other meats as well. They are delicious with green onions and feta (if you eat dairy) or topped with some salsa. I’ve also found that larger pieces of ham work as a “tortilla” for breakfast burritos.
These ham and egg breakfast cups have become a regular at our house since they are a change from our usual vegetable omelets and the kids like helping make them. You could use any type of meat that would fit in a cup like this and top with any other toppings or veggies that you like.
Ham & Egg Breakfast Cups Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line each compartment of a regular muffin tin with 1 or 2 pieces of ham.
- Crack one egg into each compartment.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how firm you like the yolks to be. If you prefer soft or runny yolks, cook 8-9 minutes.
- Top with green onions, feta, or other desired toppings and enjoy.
What is your favorite on-the-go breakfast? Any unhealthy options you wish there was a healthy version of? Share below!