Stir frys are one of my biggest mommy hacks. They are full of flavor, only take one pan to make, and come together in just minutes for a fast and simple meal.
This summer squash sausage stir fry is especially good as a seasonal recipe when squash and zucchini are in season because they are so inexpensive at the store. This recipe can be made in one pan quickly for a busy night and customized with different flavors by adding homemade spice blends.
Also, since this is a sausage-based recipe, it makes a great quick breakfast that is egg-free, dairy-free, and a good source of protein and vegetables.
As with any stir fry, customize to your preferences with spices. You can even mix up the meats or vegetables to suit your favorites and what you have on hand.
Sausage and Summer Squash Stir Fry Recipe
Yield 4 -6
A simple, one pan stir fry that kids and adults both love.
- Slice the sausage into thin slices.
- Brown them in a large skillet or wok until well cooked and browned.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Slice the onion into thin slices and saute until soft.
- While the onions are cooking, peel and slice the summer squash.
- Add the summer squash, butter, and spices to the onions.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Return the sausage to the pan and cook until heated.
Use whichever spices you like best for this stir fry!
Cuisine Stir Fry
Serving Size ¼ of total
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19.6 g
Saturated Fat 7.4 g
Cholesterol 144 mg
Sodium 1210 mg
Total Carbohydrates 19.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 17.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
We make stir frys pretty often and even make them for breakfast since they are easy, fast, and nutritious. Some of our other favorites are:
What’s your favorite “one pan” meal? Tell me in the comments below!