Most days for lunch, I eat a big salad packed with veggies and leftover meat from the night before. This is one of my favorites! This salad is a fresh and delicious version of a salad you might get in a Mexican restaurant, and packed with nutrients! This recipe makes one (big) salad that I usually end up sharing with my two year old! See below the recipe for instructions on how to make easy guacamole.
Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe
A delicious fiesta salad with avocado, chicken, cucumber, peppers, and cheese.
- Put salad greens on a large plate
- Top with all remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy. Olé!
This recipe works well for a mason jar salad. Simply place salsa in the bottom, followed by guacamole, sour cream, bell pepper, cucumber, chicken, cilantro, lettuce, and shredded cheese.
Serving Size 1 large salad
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 33.9 g
Saturated Fat 11.8 g
Cholesterol 184 mg
Sodium 854 mg
Total Carbohydrates 22.5 g
Dietary Fiber 11 g
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 67.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
How to Make Easy Guacamole:
- Mash 1 avocado with ¼ cup salsa, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp chili powder, and other spices to taste such as garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- If you want pico de gallo flavored guacamole, add ¼ cup each of very finely diced onion and tomato and a couple tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice and mix well
What is your favorite salad recipe?