Other topping options that I sometimes use include black beans, diced tomatoes and onions, or a squeeze of lime juice for a little tangy brightness.
Chicken Fiesta Salad in a Mason Jar
I know I said that salads are one of my favorite lunches (and they are!), but some days are too crazy to have time to make lunch. Usually, I can glance at my calendar ahead of time and know when those days are coming up and plan accordingly. This fiesta salad is great for packing in mason jars in advance for a quick grab-and-go lunch.
The key to any mason jar salad is to make sure the wet ingredients are in the bottom of the jar and the salad greens and shredded cheese are on top. For this one, I put in from the bottom up the salsa, avocado/guacamole, sour cream, chicken, veggies, and finally the lettuce and cheese.
To eat, just shake, grab a fork, and dig in! Or you could dump it in a bowl I guess. You can make them child size too by using a smaller non-glass container.
More Favorite Salad Recipes
- Asian Color Burst Salad – a simple salad of greens, meat, sunflower seeds, and roasted beets, with an Asian Coconut Ginger Vinaigrette
- Avocado BLT Salad – salad greens topped with crispy bacon, sweet cherry tomatoes, avocado, and a tangy lemon mustard vinaigrette
- Fish Taco Salad – all the delicious ingredients of fish tacos with the extra nutrients of a salad
Spring Salad with Berries – a flavorful and fresh salad with almond crusted chicken, goat cheese, strawberries, pecans, and dried cranberries on a bed of lettuce.
Chicken Fiesta Salad Recipe
- Divide washed salad greens among four plates.
- Top with all remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy. Olé!
How to Make Easy Guacamole:
- Mash 1 avocado with ¼ cup salsa, ½ tsp cumin, ½ tsp chili powder, and other spices to taste such as garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- If you want pico de gallo flavored guacamole, add ¼ cup each of very finely diced onion and tomato and a couple tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice and mix well
What is your favorite salad recipe?