Once upon a time, there was a grain and flour-free, nutrient-dense, chocolate cookie recipe that was so filling that you could easily get your chocolate fix without eating too much! They had very little (or no) natural sweeteners and were packed with protein and beneficial fats and were delicious with a glass of homemade coconut milk.
Healthy Chocolate Cookies?
Thankfully, this story isn’t a fairy tale, and these chocolate chocolate chip cookies are my go-to healthy dessert recipe.
They are actually very high in protein, and you’d have a hard time eating more than a couple of these! Certainly not a treat to be eaten daily, but these cookies are a delicious (and healthy) way to eat a treat without the consequences of grains!
My sister-in-law and I discovered that almond butter makes a good substitute for the flour and butter combo in most sweets, so many more recipes like this to come!
Chewy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Make into cookie sized balls with your hands and put on baking sheet.
- Smoosh with your hand to make an actual cookie shape.
- Bake 10-15 mins, depending on your oven and cookie size... do not overcook!
- Enjoy with a glass of coconut milk!
What’s your favorite healthy chocolate recipe? Share below!