Let’s face it: everything tastes better wrapped in bacon! These bacon wrapped salmon cakes are a fast recipe and an easy way to make canned salmon gourmet. The kids even liked these and they are good cold for lunch the next day.
Bacon Wrapped Salmon Cakes Recipe
- 2 lbs wild caught fresh or frozen salmon or 5 6 oz cans wild caught salmon
- ¼ cup onion very finely diced
- ¼ cup bell pepper very finely diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 TBSP Parmesan cheese optional
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Spices of choice I use salt, pepper, garlic, and herb blend
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 TBSP butter or coconut oil for greasing
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium size skillet, cook raw salmon or heat canned salmon if using to cook off the liquid. You want it to be flaky and have no extra juice.
- Let the salmon cool while dicing the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooled salmon with the onion, bell pepper, garlic, Parmesan, egg, mustard, and spices to make a thick mixture.
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Grease a rimmed cookie sheet with butter or coconut oil.
- Lay the bacon slices on the cookie sheet.
- Use your hand to scoop about ¼ cup of salmon mixture and roll into a ball.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the ball and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the salmon mixture is used up.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and bacon is crispy.
- Spear with a toothpick for easy serving and enjoy!
What is your favorite salmon recipe? Let me know below!