If you enjoy steak (who doesn’t?) and peppers (hopefully you do!), then this light seasonal steak and sweet pepper salad is for you. It takes only seconds to make with leftover steak and can be easily packed for an on-the-go lunch.
If your kids aren’t big on salad, just serve them the ingredients individually and let them dip in the dressing. Here are some other easy seasonal salad ideas.
This particular salad was an invention out of necessity when I had a busy week and the only meat I had already cooked was some leftover steak. Normally, I stick to chicken or tuna on salad, but I had steak and seasonal peppers so that is what I used.
To make these for the week, I placed the steak on the bottom of a quart size mason jar with my salad dressing (I used Caesar but you can check out all of my dressing recipes here) and then layered the peppers, tomatoes, spinach and lettuce with the cheese on top. I put the lid on tightly and had these ready for meals all week. When I was ready to eat, I just shook the jar and dumped on a plate (or ate directly out of the jar).
- Leftover cooked steak (flank, ribeye, strip, etc)- About ¼ lb per person
- Thinly sliced sweet peppers (any color)
- Baby Spinach or lettuce blend
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Grated Raw Organic Cheese (optional)
- Put lettuce or spinach on plate.
- Thinly slice steak and put on lettuce/spinach.
- Top with sliced veggies and dressing of choice (optional).
- Told you that was easy! Enjoy!
Some other great dressing suggestions: simple oil and balsamic vinegar mix, lemon juice and olive oil, citrus vinaigrette or homemade ranch.
What’s your favorite salad? Are you pepper eater? Share below!