Since it is made with a bone broth base, this soup is very nourishing and the natural sweetness of the carrots and sweet potatoes combine well with the savory broth. My kids all love this soup and have asked for it several times since then. It freezes really well, so I’ve started making double or triple batches so I have fast and easy meals on busy nights.
If this will be served on its own as a meal, pre-cooked chicken or nitrate-fre sausage can be added for protein.
What is your favorite soup? Share in the comments below!
- Trim off the tough green end of leek, then slice leek lengthwise and rinse out. Slice leek halves into ¼-inch slices.
- Trim carrots, wash and slice diagonally. Peel sweet potato and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Pour coconut oil in the soup pot and sauté the leek until translucent but not brown. Add carrots and sweet potatoes and toss for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Cover and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.