Wassail is a traditional German drink that my family has made each Christmas for as long as I can remember. It’s delicious, and will warm you up on a cold winters day! This year, I found a way to incorporate herbs into the recipe for some added health benefits.
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 1 quart freshly brewed tea made with Red Raspberry leaf (3 parts), Alfalfa (2 parts), Nettle (1 part), and Dandelion (1 part)
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 3 organic oranges, cloved
- Peel oranges, section, and put 1 clove in the middle of each section.
- Mix juices and tea in large pot. (Or reduce quantities and put in crock pot)
- Put cinnamon sticks and oranges in the mixture.
- Simmer in large pot for one hour and serve. Can also be kept in crock pot all day.
Ever made Wassail? What’s your favorite holiday drink? Share below!