This simple and delicious crock-pot drink recipe is great for cold winter days or an easy drink during parties. If made with herbal tea or decaf tea, it is also wonderful for kids and the mix of spices is great for anyone who is sick or congested. Try this as a great break from coffee!
All of the herbs are available in bulk here for much less than store prices, and they are organic too.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups coconut milk (store bought or well-filtered homemade)
- 8 tea bags OR ½ cup loose leaf black tea or herbal tea. I use Raspberry Leaf.
- 1-2 tsp stevia leaf
- 8 thin slices of fresh ginger root OR ½ tsp dried ginger root (optional)
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 8-10 whole cloves or ¼-1/2 tsp clove powder
- 2 cardamon pods (optional but really good)
- 1 teaspoon of real vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon chamomile flowers and ½ tsp dried fennel seeds
- Put water in crock pot and add herbs and spices (I really suggest using a cloth bag or reusable tea bag)
- Cook on high for 2-2.5 hours or on low for up to 6 (I've kept on low overnight). Add milk or coconut milk and stir until heated.
- Serve plain or topped with real whipped cream or the cream from a can of coconut milk. Can also be chilled and blended with ice and 2 TBSP coconut oil for an iced version!
What is your hot drink of choice? Ever made it in a crock pot? Share!