This is a recipe I’ve been experimenting with for a long time and it has taken several botched batches to get it right (of chocolate… oh darn).
I finally feel like it is blog ready, and it will also be making its debut at Moms NightOut tomorrow, so I’ll let you know how they think it is.
These truffles are mostly healthy, and certainly on the healthier end of the dessert scale. They are perfect for date nights, formal parties, or anytime you want to make chocolate a little healthier.
Did I mention they are also super easy?
Healthy Chocolate Truffle Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (can also use butter)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (organic, not whipped yet)
- 1 1/4 cups 70% or higher dark chocolate chips
- Essential oils or orange, mint or lavender (food grade)(optional)
- nuts, toasted coconut, and cocoa powder (optional)
How To Make Healthy Truffles
- Melt the coconut oil (or butter) and heavy cream in a pan and bring to a strong simmer
- Pour the chocolate in a medium sized bowl and pour the hot oil/cream mixture over the chocolate
- Stir slowly with a whisk to incorporate until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add 2-3 drops of mint, lavender, or orange essential oil if you want to (mint is reaaaaaallly good)
- Put bowl in fridge for a couple of hours
- When the chocolate mixture has gotten firm, remove the bowl from the fridge and using a spoon or melon spoon, scoop out small amounts of the chocolate mixture.
- Roll into 1 inch balls using your hands and then roll in cocoa powder.
- Can also drizzle with more melted chocolate and coat with toasted coconut, finely ground nuts, orange zest, etc.
- Enjoy… a lot!
The many health benefits of coconut oil, the deliciousness of chocolate… what do you think? Will you try them?
Shared at Fight Back Friday