Ever miss that crunchy texture that foods like chips and crackers used to provide? Don’t reach for the saltines! There is a better way.
When you want a healthy alternative to chips and need a break from carrots and celery for dipping into sauces, try these cheese chips. They have one ingredient: cheese! These certainly aren’t an every day food, but if you are craving chips, this is a much healthier alternative than the Doritos aisle!
- Cheese of choice
- Very lightly oil a cookie sheet with olive oil (very lightly!) or use a silicon baking mat.
- Put small piles or folded slices of cheese onto the cookie sheet. I recommend cheddar, real grated parmesan, asiago or other firm cheese. I haven’t tried mozzarella, jack, colby, etc.
- Turn the oven on Broil and put the cheese in.
- Watch carefully for cheese to bubble and start to turn brown.
- Just as they brown around the edges, remove them and use thin spatula to remove from cookie sheet.
- When cooled, use just as you would chips for snacking or dipping into homemade sauces.