This is another traditional Irish favorite that I’ve adapted to my real food lifestyle. Like many Irish dishes, it involves meat and potatoes, but I make it without the potatoes. This is a simple and satisfying meal. Try it on St. Patty’s day!
- 1-1.5 lbs sausage of choice (I use beef for this)
- 2-3 bags frozen cauliflower
- 3 T butter
- 3 T cream cheese (optional)
- 2 onions
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tsp coconut flour or arrowroot
- salt, pepper, garlic and basil
- Boil 2 quarts of water and add cauliflower
- Boil until soft and remove from heat.
- While that is cooking, brown sausages in skillet over medium/high heat
- When sausages are cooked, remove from pan and add sliced onions
- Cook onions until soft and add beef broth to deglaze pan
- Add coconut or arrowroot to thicken and spices to taste
- Pour water off of cauliflower
- With immersion blender or hand blender, blend cauliflower, butter cream cheese and spices until smooth.
- Scoop cauliflower “potatoes” onto plate and serve with whole or sliced sausage . Top with onion gravy.
A toast for your Irish Dinner:
May your mornings bring joy
and your evenings bring peace…
May your troubles grow less
as your blessings increase!
Ever had Bangers and Mash before? Willing to try it? Let me know below!