With all the information I’ve posted lately about healthy fats and their importance in a real food diet, I decided that is was about time for you guys to have a chance to get some healthy fats, for free! What better choice than coconut oil!
Coconut Oil was the most requested item at the beginning of the 40-Day Challenge, and since I use it in practically all of my cooking and natural beauty recipes, it was a logical choice.
Of course, I wanted to make sure I found a great source for you, and finally did with Tropical Traditions. They let me try a sample of their oil, and I liked it so much, I wanted to share with you guys! (They also have a great recipes page with some grain free baking ideas)
When the sample arrived, I actually had three different types of coconut oil in my kitchen (we use a lot of coconut oil!) as well as one type in the kid’s room that I use as a diaper cream.
I’ve used a lot of coconut oils over the last few years, and wanted to give this one a full test before sharing with you guys. I first noticed the smell. All coconut oil smells great, but this one had a sweeter and more nutty smell.
Taste wise, I was also impressed with this coconut oil. I cooked eggs, stir fry, spinach and chicken with it to test the taste, and they all tasted great. It has a more nutty flavor than some oils, which I liked. The kids and I made Coconut Chocolate Bites (without the chocolate) and it was still really good.
To make sure I could really taste the flavor, I tried this coconut oil in decaf coffee… one of my cheats for getting my healthy oils in… it tasted good. (I know, I know, coffee is my last food vice… I’m working on it!)
My two-year old gave it the thumbs up when I found her eating a spoonful straight from the jar. I also tried it on my skin, and if you haven’t switched to coconut oil for a lotion (and in deodorant), you are missing out! This oil absorbed great, and any residual oily feeling was gone after 4 minutes.
Long story short, I liked this coconut oil, and was really excited when they agreed to let me host a giveaway to share it with you. A lot of you have mentioned the increased cost of eating healthy, and this is one chance to help cut those costs. (I just wish I could send some to all of you!)
Here’s your chance to get a free quart of Virgin coconut oil, packed with Medium Chain Fatty Acids and Lauric acid! If you haven’t tried coconut oil before, here is a way to possibly try it for free! If you are already a coconut oil convert, you know what a great deal this is!
How to Win FREE Coconut Oil!
To give you more opportunities to win, there are several ways to enter. Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry to make sure it counts:
1. Mandatory Entry- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions Newsletter by clicking here and then leave a comment below telling me what you like about coconut oil. You will receive emails about Tropical Traditions sales and specials and can unsubscribe at any time. Make sure to leave a comment so I know to count your entry!
This is good for one (1) entry. For more chances to win, do any of the following:
2. Sign up for my weekly newsletter (in the sidebar or click here) so we can stay in touch (and so you can hear about the other giveaways coming up in the next couple weeks!). Leave a comment telling me that you did. If you already subscribe, just leave a comment telling me that you do. (2 entries)
3. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway. Feel free to use this text in your tweet: “Coconut Oil Giveaway! Don’t sign up so I can win! http://wp.me/pJk4L-xp #theWellnessMama” Leave a comment telling me that you did. (1 entry)
4. “Like” me on Facebook. Go to my Facebook page and hit “Like” and then share about this giveaway on Facebook. Leave a comment telling me that you did. (1 entry)
5. Email 3 friends about this giveaway- Share the love, tell your friends about this giveaway and leave a comment telling me that you did. (1 entry)
6. Stumble this giveaway (you can just click the link below) and leave a comment telling me that you did. (1 entry)
7. If you have a blog, blog about this giveaway, and leave the link in the comments below. (2 entries)
8. If you signed up for the 40-Day challenge, you will be automatically entered, but can still get additional entries any of the above ways!
That’s ten chances to win! I’m looking forward to being able to share this coconut oil with one of you!
You can enter until March 25 at 11:59 PM CST and I will announce the winner the following day (Saturday the 26th) and will also email you if you win. Tropical Traditions will send the coconut oil directly to the winner. Winner will be chosen via Random.org to be completely fair. Open to residents of U.S. and Canada only.
Since I can’t send you all the coconut oil, Tropical Traditions has offered to give you all a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil Book if you ever decide to buy something from their site. All you have to do: the first time your order, choose “Referred by friend” and enter my ID: 6966676. You get the book free and I get coupons towards their products.
If you are new to Wellness Mama, thanks for visiting! Check out my Wellness 101 Page for recipes, health info and natural living tips.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
Now it’s your turn, talk to me below. Let me know how you’ve used coconut oil for your family and friends.