7 Healthy Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar

7 Healthy Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar 7 Healthy Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is a fermented product made from crushed and aged apples. The healthiest versions contain “the mother” which is a colony of beneficial bacteria with many health benefits. (This is the one I use)

ACV is naturally high in phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, calcium and others. It has been rumored to help with weight loss and digestive uses. It was even used in the time of Hippocrates, the father of medicine, as a remedy for many ailments.

If you are going to use ACV for a health remedy, look for organic, unpasteurized vinegars with “the Mother,” which are available at most grocery stores. Bragg’s is one popular brand.

There are many health related uses for apple cider vinegar. It has been used as a natural remedy for many things, and while science is yet to prove many of the health claims associated with ACV, it is generally considered harmless to try. If you suffer from any of the health concerns below, consider trying ACV as an inexpensive natural remedy. Of course, with any medical condition, consult your doctor before changing any part of your lifestyle.

-1-

Reduce Acid Reflux and Heartburn

ACV mimics the acidic environment of the stomach and helps food to break down. Many people report reduced symptoms of reflux or heartburn after using Apple Cider Vinegar, which is logical, since many times these conditions are caused by too little stomach acid, rather than too much. Whenever I’ve had heartburn or reflux, a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water takes care of it!

-2-

Fight Candida (yeast) in the Body

If you suffer from yeast overgrowth in the body, and many people do, ACV might help. Some research shows that the acid and enzymes in Apple Cider Vinegar help kill excess yeast in the body. For those with severe yeast problems, the symptoms may get worse initially when they begin taking ACV. This is caused by the die off of the yeast, called a Herxheimer reaction, when the body can’t remove the toxins from the yeast fast enough. It is actually a good sign, though an uncomfortable one. If you suspect you have yeast overgrowth, consider taking 1 tsp- 1 TBSP of ACV in water before each meal or twice a day, preferably on an empty stomach.

-3-

Relieve Sunburns and Bug Bites

I can vouch for this one personally! If you suffer from a sunburn or insect bite, Apple Cider Vinegar can help alleviate the pain. For sunburns, apply ACV and water (25/75 mix) with a cotton cloth or washcloth directly to the skin to cool and relieve pain. You can also soak in a bath of warm water with 1 cup ACV. For bug bites, apply a 50/50 mixture directly to the bite, or soak the area in vinegar water.

-4-

Lower Blood Pressure

Some studies suggest that the acetic acid in Apple Cider Vinegar may help power blood pressure. ACV may help increase production of the blood vessel relaxing compound nitric oxide. It may also help inhibit enzymes that cause blood vessels to constrict. One person I know who used this with success took 2-6 TBSP a day in water for several months.

-5-

Kill Foot or Skin Fungus

Just as ACV can help kill Candida in the body, it is often useful against yeast and fungus on the skin and nails. If you have foot or toe fungus, soak the feet in 1 cup of ACV in water or apply directly to the affected area. For skin fungus or yeast, apply a 25/75 mixture of ACV and water.  It will burn but will help clear up even the worst cases of fungus. Especially in children or those with sensitive skin, it is best to dilute the ACV with water before applying to the skin.

-6-

Natural Skin Toner

When mixed with equal parts of water (and a few drops of essential oil for fragrance) ACV makes an excellent firming toner for the skin. It has also been shown to be effective against acne without drying the skin. To use as a toner, keep the mixture in the fridge, and apply with a cotton ball after showering. The vinegar smell disappears completely when dry. Some people do better with a 24% vinegar/75% water mixture.

-7-

Treat Dandruff

Apple Cider Vinegar can be very effective against dandruff. Mix with equal parts water and apply to scalp with spray bottle or cloth. Leave on for 1-2 hours with a shower cap and rinse. This can be done 1-2 times a week for best results.

Notes: Apple Cider Vinegar should not be swallowed undiluted or applied to the skin undiluted, especially in children or those with sensitive skin. Be careful not to get ACV in the eyes. Plain white vinegar and other types of vinegar should not be used for these purposes.

Have you ever used Apple Cider Vinegar as a natural remedy? Tell me about it!

Reader Comments

• Kayla says

I did the same thing. I just put non-diluted apple cider vinegar on a piece of cotton from a cotton ball, placed it on the wart and wrapped it with a bandaid (this was so the bandaid pad didn’t get soaked with avc and really let loose the stink). I left mine over night and redid it the next day. Afterwards, I let it dry out and put what my herb store calls Burn Salve to heal the skin. Mine had been around for almost a year and was so stubborn that conventional methods wouldn’t work. I wasn’t about to go to the doctor and tell his the scrape it out.

I took drastic measures with my treatment. If this were to happen again, I’d would do the same thing but maybe once a day for 30 minutes to an hour.

• Tasha L. says

We use this for warts also. Put it on a cotton ball and hold it in place with a bandaid. Leave it on all night and do it until the wart turns dark and goes away. You can leave it on during the day, and night, but it can be painful. It works really well, even for plantar warts.

1. Claire says

i had my first yeast infection last week. i recently have decided to buck most ‘traditional’ medicine, so after looking up some home remedies i actually used it as a diluted douche. (tmi?) and it was miraculous. i would really only mention something so personal, because it worked so well!

• raquel dering says

i know it works i have diabetis and prone to vaginal yeast inf. i wash my self with it diluted in water and sometimes wipe it off with cotton ball with acv and water,i use braggs vinegar dont forget to shake the bottle the mother are the brown sediments at the bottom, i also scrub it on my scalp when it itches,and wipe parts of my body esp my foot have yeast infection takes out the brown spots and take the itch out i think it is tinea versicular

2. Joelle says

Is Apple Cider unique among vinegars in these ways?  Can another vinegar be substituted for ACV?
    Also, how important is it for the mother to be present, or for the ACV to be unrefined/unfiltered?
    Thanks!!

• says

Natural Apple Cider Vinegar with “the mother” still has living organisms and beneficial bacteria. It is also high in b-vitamins. Other vinegars don’t offer this advantage. From that stand point, it is very important for it to be unfiltered/refined and to have “the mother”
      Most grocery stores should carry Bragg’s which is one good brand

3. Grossed-Out says

I poured out a little today and noticed that there were little things moving in the vinegar :S they were tiny white organisms thinner than hair with a length of about 2mm. They moved with their flagella much like sperm. Is that the ‘mother’ or is it contaminated?

4. Casey says

We’ve had a bottle of it in the house and I usually use it in cooking, sometimes in drinking water. I’ve started drinking it more often and, I didn’t realize it until now, but my heart used to POUND pretty hard even when I was resting and it hasn’t been since I started using ACV daily.

• Debra515 says

This happens when I take it right before bed. I cannot sleep and my heart starts pounding. It’s weird, I know, same thing if I take a vitamin too late in the day. Take it earlier in the day.

5. Missie says

I used ACV for my skin fungus I contracted in a jacuzzi. I just dabbed a little on the area every morning and night with a cottonball, and it’s cured! It took three weeks of treatment though. I also bathed in it, about one cup in the tub. It really softened my skin, and calmed the itching. Before this I saw two different doctors, we tried a ton of different medications, nothing worked. My legs were covered in it, and it traveled up to my groin area, where it thrived with the warmer temperature. This went on for almost a year. So just use the Apple cider vinegar and skip the dr. Bills!

6. Drippy Hippie says

I add ACV in the water for my dogs, goats, and chickens. It is an antibacterial and also keeps the algae and scale (we are on a well) from forming in their drinking bowls. My male goat is neutered and it keeps him from having urinary tract infections which “wethered” males are prone to. I’ve started using it as well…if it’s good for my animals, it must be good for me!

• Tattooedmommma says

Brilliant!! How does it benefit dogs and chickens though? Maybe I didn’t read it thoroughly if you answered this.

• Grimm says

ACV can help prevent mites, ticks and fleas when ingested by animals. I use it in my pets water dish and have not seen any fleas in a very long time.

• lisa says

i have a 20lb dog and would love to put some in her water…should it be diluted in certain amounts for her??

7. Krystal says

Does ACV work on fungus on the scalp? I am trying to find natural remedies before I have to resort to medicines for my son. Its definitely not ringworm (confirmed by the doctor) and we have been using T/gel Shampoo and Conditioner, as well as applying Tea Tree Oil every morning and every night. It is working b/c his hair is starting to grow back in in the spot, however now it is itching really bad, which it wasn’t before and someone recommended ACV for it.

• Kat Fricke says

I would recommend at least trying the ACV “dandruff” method she mentioned in the article.
      I use it for my dandruff and itchy scalp and it works GREAT vs nothing else ever did. Although for me I just use it in the shower as a prerinse or final rinse.Once the hair dries the smell goes away.
      Also it works great for really any kind of “itchy” irritation.
      Either way, it can’t hurt to try.
      It may sting just a bit (NOT BAD) for the first few seconds though so do be prepared for that but its well worth it! This should only happen if the scalp has any “open swore” areas though.
      Let us know how it works!

• Melissa Aman Wallace says

You mentioned his hair is growing back…did it fall out in a circle? Could be Alopecia not a fungus. There are times when if that is the case, I get bad itching before a new patch falls out. ACV feels nice nice on the scalp but so far the medical world is still looking for a cure for Alopecia. All other helps here would be nice too = ) thanks!

• Brenda says

We use baking soda (1 TBSP per cup of water) to wash our hair and use vinegar (1 TBSP per cup of water) to rinse our hair. Does not smell like vinegar. Really great.

• H-j says

I have just used the bi-carb with peppermint drops to shampoo my hair with, for the first time today. I also used the apple cider vinegar with chamomile drops, thought I didn’t need to re-read the instructions I printed off & therefore had forgotten that the apple cider vinegar needed to be diluted. It wasn’t until I was about to dry & style my hair that I looked at the instructions again. Will it do any damage to my hair to have not diluted it, I did rinse my hair very well, as I have always done with other conditioners. My hair certainly doesn’t stink of vinegar :)

• Grimm says

I have poured straight ACV on my head from a gallon jug. It made my hair feel greasy and stringy all day until I used my shampoo bar to remove the build up. Now I use 0.5oz of AVC to 4oz of filtered water in a spray bottle as a detangler.

8. Jessica smoote says

I’ve used it for maybe 3 years and stopped but I will need to use it again for a different purpose. this is a great REMEDY for Chronic Sinusitis. Sprays are harsh, horrible on my throat, I hate taking anthisemathatines or whatever… And the headaches oh! But 1 week after drinking 3 teaspoons of ACV (plastic spoon-hate the feeling of metal with vinegar) made me wonder why it took me so long to listen to my Mother! Lol

Now, I have horrible horrible horrible Acid Reflex from pregnancy. This stuff is natural, no drugs, no prescriptions, geez you can even put it on your salad and feel better! I use to scoff at my mom when she told me all it did but the truth is, Now I’ve even used it for insect bites… So yeah starting this night I’m going back to 3 teaspoons before each meal.

I know I read and tried to do it with hot water but to me it tastes really nasty anyways so…lol… I just take the band aid fast and I always complain the first 3 days about taste but then I bore the people around me saying how energetic and healthy I feel…

REALLY this stuff works!

• Rachel says

When taking it orally, are you diluting it with water? Try adding organic honey and 8 oz of water, oh and make sure it has “mother” in it. It makes a very delicious drink with a kick :)

9. Paula Roballo says

ACV is amazing to treat conjunctivitis in animals. Dilute 1 part acv in 10 parts water and wipe around the infected eye. I was afraid it would sting so I tried it on myself first and it didnt sting at all. Then MOST IMPORTANT wet the back of the animals neck with undiluted ACV. I cant explain why tjis works but wetting the neck is the part that makes this treatment work. I have done each part seperately and the back of the neck will work without wiping the eyes but not vice versa. I have yet to try this on a human.

• Michelle says

How do you know it’s conjunctivities vs another type of eye issue? I’m intrigued by this b/c our kitten and THEN our older cat have each had eye issues over the last year & have cost us a small fortune at the vet. THANKS!

10. Angie says

I use it in salad dressing with olive oil, stone ground mustard, honey, sea salt and pepper. I also take a diluted shot of it every morning with equal parts filtered water. It is a great rinse after “shampooing” with baking soda. Also great for a bath soak to alleviate sore muscles after a hard workout.

11. says

YAY!! I love ACV for most every ailment :)

My kids hate vinegar and want nothing to do with it internally, but topically it’s ok. I even used it to remove moles (be careful, it also can burn the skin)

12. Leann says

To treat acid reflux, my husband and I drink two TBS of ACV in a cup of hot water with a TBS of honey every morning before breakfast. With the honey, it tastes great! Its become part of a new healthy routine.

13. says

An interesting read! We’ve always used plain white vinegar on bug bites, when my husband is bitten (he cannot cope with bites at all); is there a reason white vinegar shouldn’t be used for this? We do also have apple cider vinegar in the house, but had never thought of trying it (it’s more expensive!).

I also didn’t know that it shouldn’t be used on the skin undiluted. The teeth I knew about, since it can effect the enamel. But why not the skin?

14. says

I used ACV to cure pink eye.
    I used filtered water that i sterilized by boiling. Once cool, I put just enough in the water to see a slight coloration. . Like about a tablespoon per two or three cups.
    Washed my eye with it.
    Sting? A little, but I found that if it did not sting it was not strong enough. It should only last for about 15 seconds.
    After that, my eye felt way better and the infection was gone in about 36 hours.
    Use on the oherveye to keep infection from spreading.

15. ABoda says

I’ve used it on cold sores (undiluted just dabbing it with a cotton ball several times a day) with great success. They dry and disappear without using any meds within 2-3 days for me.

16. Katie "Wellness Mama" the 2nd says

I have a great recipe for apple cider vinegar that even my picky little four-year-old will drink.

Add to one quart filtered water:
    Approximately 1 to 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar,
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
    A dash or two of cinnamon,
    Stevia, pure maple syrup, or raw honey (Or a mixture of all three) to taste.

If you get a good balance between all of the ingredients, It taste just like Apple cider. Refrigerate and enjoy! I refill a little glass juice bottle and keep it in the fridge for my four-year-old. She can drink at will… And does!

17. Devra Buhler says

I take a shot glass of ACV every morning (chased with water) for general health. I haven’t been sick in over two years (since I started taking ACV). I also use a 1:6 mixture of ACV to water as a toner/acne treatment (on a cotton ball morning and night). I got rid of a planter’s wart on the bottom of my foot with straight ACV (soaked the cotton part of a bandage and left on overnight, repeated for 5 nights). I use baking soda and ACV as my shampoo/conditioning routine for soft, shiny hair! Got rid of my partner’s athlete’s foot. I love my ACV!! :)

18. Brenda says

19. Rachel says

I use ACV for a lot of things. I add 1-2 tablespoons with a tbsp. of honey and 8 oz of water, and drink it before each meal. It is very delicious and has helped with weight loss, acne, heartburn and it gives me a little natural boost of energy. I also use it as deodorant, I dip a cotton ball in the ACV and wipe it under my arms and when it dries the awful smell goes away and I am fresh all day. I will try it on my son’s warts next. I have also heard that it works well if used during the rinse cycle of laundry for a fabric softner. I only use Braggs ACV.
    I saw this: FROM WebMD: Long-term use of apple cider vinegar could cause low potassium levels and lower bone density. If you already have low potassium or osteoporosis, talk to your health care provider before using apple cider vinegar.

20. Aspen says

Any time I bite my cheek/lip or feel a canker sore coming on, I dip a q-tip in ACV (undilited) and hold it on the sore for a couple minutes, up to 3 times a day. It’s worked 9 times out of 10 to get rid of the sore within a day!!!

21. says

My son has acid reflux. He’ll be in 2 in March. Do you have any advice on how to give it to a toddler? Is there anything I can mix it with that won’t kill the ACV?

22. chris damstrom says

Katie, I love all the great info you have! Sometimes it seems a little overwhelming with all there is to do in life. Short of coming to live with you or unless you are having a “boot camp” soon, could you give us a run down on a day in your life? What do you take, do and eat starting in the am. Not trying to get personal, just wondering how to put it all together as there is so much to remember. Have a great day!

23. Sam says

I use ACV for sore throats or if I’m getting strep throat. I gargle with a diluted solution (don’t measure but mix of water/acv) a couple times a day. Works like a charm.

24. katie says

After weeks of Dr giving meds to my son to treat thrush, and a two week stint of using “gengin violet” swabed

• katie says

In his mouth, I heard it was highly linked to cancers of the mouth. So I began diluting a little ACV in water and soaking a baby size face cloth in it and washing out his mouth daily. Cleared it right up!

25. Dee says

ACV isn’t the greatest tasting but it does work. My husband thinks im nuts for drinking it but it has worked for me its not so bad after awhile. When I feel a UTI coming on I drink a Tbsp of ACV in a glass of water and chugg-a-lug. If the uti gets bad then I put 1/8 tsp of baking soda in water & drink it. Both of these recipes also help with acid reflux. You can also put both ingredients in a bath for a detoxing relaxing bath. Wellness Mama has the bath detox on her site.

26. Laura Parker says

Totally effective for Relieve Sunburns!!!
    Thanks for this article. This is the first time I read yours. Just saw your profile. Went around the site. It’s very informative. As of today, I am a fan!

27. says

you can also use ACV when making bone broth to pull the minerals from the bones. And you can use it when soaking grains to pull the physic acid out.

28. says

Hi, i love all these natural remedies!! I just started using ACV with my my toddler for his sinus and respiratory issues and. In 3 days he seems much better. I have tried it for myself but it gives me severe heartburn and also makes my mouth burn and tongue swell like crazy even when diluted by 75%. Is this die off or a side effect that i should not continue using it? Thanks so much!

29. Laurinda says

I keep an applicator bottle (for hair dye) in my bathroom, so I have an easier way to get it on my scalp before showering. We give our animals probiotics & ACV four times a year, but now I wonder if we should increase that.
    Thank you for the great article!

30. Tiffany H says

I used to work in a book store and saved an old apple cider book written by a doc in the early 1900s – 1930s. He had done case studies on women who would regularly take it verses some who did not. Those that did take it, within a period of 6 mths, noticed weight loss. While those who did not take it, did not see any changes. In the book, it gives other remedies and such but no one had mentioned it in aiding with weight loss on here. So there you go! Ladies drink up, eat right, and take a nice walk today.

• Anita says

‘Folk Medicine’ by Dr. Jarvis is an old book, full of information about uses for vinegar and/or vinegar and honey. A great book, if you can find it!

Sunburn is helped by ACV; so are other burns. I keep a quart of vinegar in the fridge, and apply it immediately to burns. We have seen some incredible ‘saves’ with burns that seemed like they would be very damaging.

31. Melanie Anderson says

I put two teaspoons in an 8 oz. cup of water and drink it when I feel like I am coming down with a bladder infection. It really helps! And it also seems to help prevent bladder infections.

32. gail says

I use it on my horses feet for thrush. And then just spray it on as a maintence áfter it clears it up. If you have a real bad case of thrush you could use fungus cream mixed with neosporin to get it deep in the frog area and have it stay there.

• Julie says

The timing of your post was perfect. I was just trying to figure out a better remedy for thrush instead of using harsh chemicals. Thank you. I’m going to try this.

33. Cheri Mayott says

I have adopted your suggestion of taking gelatin, and I use the Great Lakes brand in the orange container, but I found it unworkable to add it to coffee or water. What I do is mix in 1 T. daily with a small amount of room temperature water, then add 1 T. of honey, 1 T. of Bragg’s ACV, a shake of cinnamon. I fill the cup with boiling water and stir. It makes a pretty good apple cider drink and is a way to put several good things into my body.

34. Debbie says

I use it in a spray bottle as conditioner for my hair.
    I recent bought a big jug of store brand acv and when I read the label later, discovered it is Apple flavored and made from corn!!! Ewww!

35. Carol says

Just a bit of personal info regarding “the smell goes away after it dries”…..
    Yes, it does. But I tend to perspire quite a bit, always have. I do notice a bit of a vinegar smell when I perspire. I use it as a hair conditioner, and rinse, I always wonder if others can smell it too. So just be aware that the smell usually goes away but if you perspire a lot, it may come back to a lesser degree if you sweat.

36. Katrina says

I use ACV for gallbladder attacks. Half an ounce straight works almost instantly. I also use it for the acid reflux. I’ve been able to reverse the Symptoms of my gallstones, making them small enough to pass without having surgery.

37. Victoria says

I use ACV daily. I sip it all day in my water container. Its a fantastic cheap way to get your mineral and vitamin fix and fabulous alkaliser! Great for your horses too! I syringe it 20/60 into their mouths. My dad drinks it watered down of course to rid the uric acid from his joints. On the earthclinic website you will find a myriad of uses and stories of people who have used it to treat and cure many ailments. Love this stuff. And wouldnt be without it. If you live in NZ Coral Tree Orchard provide a great organic ACV.

38. says

I’ve started drinking 12 oz. of water with 1 tsp. of ACV in the morning before I eat or drink anything else. A little over a year ago I went to the hospital with severe stomach pains from probably acid reflux. Of course, they prescribed me Nexium (and I ended up going w/ Prilosec), but stopped taking it after about a month when my doctor told me that taking it for an extended period of time will prevent you from absorbing nutrients!!

39. says

That’s a great post! We’re always telling clients and friends to buy it and try it but it’s hard to explain how to use it, so to have one place with all that info we can direct them to is perfect, thanks!

40. Assano catherine says

I took glass of purified water mixed with 2 tea spoons full of ACV It is now3days
    but my teeth are still sensitive

41. Kim says

How much water to cider vinegar would you use fir the toe fungus? You just say to dilute. Wondering exactly how much. Thanks!

42. Gabriella says

Hi! I use ACV for a number of things as well, one way I use it but have not seen suggested on this post or in the comments yet is use it to whiten your teeth! YoungandRaw.com says to : “Simply rub your teeth with a cotton swab that has been soaked in apple cider vinegar to reveal your sparkly whites!” You can do that or I just swish a little around in my mouth for about 20 seconds, and I find doing this a few times a week and brushing with activated charcoal once every few weeks has significantly whitened my teeth. Hope someone can add this to their routine who may not have known about it yet! :)

43. guest says

I’ve used ACV to completely remove a mole on my arm in less than 3 days! There is hardly a scar, it just dried up and fell off. Amazing.

44. Andrea says

Hi katie
    Im trying to use the ACV for a skin fungus, can i add tea tree oil and water to it? What measurements should i use?
    Thanks

45. Amanda says

ACV is good for arthritis. It eases the pain by breaking down the crystals which form in the joints causing the pain. I’ve tried it and it does work . Taken daily mixed with water.

46. Anna says

I use acv once a day diluted in a little apple juice to treat my acid reflux. I drink it through a straw though to prevent the acid damaging my teeth. It’s also got rid of my tonsil stones and the disgusting taste in the throat and back of tongue associated with this problem. Very happy bunny!

47. Rachel says

Hi, Ive been trying to find out if ACV kills also off beneficial yeasts from Kefir? Would you have any idea about this?
    Thank you.

48. RobynHeud says

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but one teaspoon of ACV in a cup of water is my go-to cure-all for all my stomach problems. It was especially great while I was pregnant for heartburn.

49. Goldi says

Among other things I use it to condition my hair. I have fine thin hair that tends to break and get dry on the ends. New year’s day I resolved to stop using store bought shampoo and conditioner.

It seems counter intuitive, but it leaves my hair with a light apple scent, not the vinegar smell.

I have also used to cure ringworm, I drink it everyday (my cat likes it too, I catch her drinking it all the time as I keep it on my nightstand so I can drink it first thing), my husband get dandruff and t stops that.

50. Krissy says

i recently switched to a natural shampoo and have started using diluted ACV for a conditioner (1:3 i believe) as well. I only have to shampoo every other day now and i could never ever do that before and condition 1 or 2x a week. My hair smells a bit like ACV when its wet but goes away when its dry. I love it and it works as a hair detangler too. I highly suggest it as a natural alternative to all those chemicals, and its so much more cost effective too!

51. Dorothy says

another thing that ACV helps is gout
    Last time I had a session, my foot was red and swollen almost to the ankle and I thought – why not, and took some ACV and water. Next morning the foot was normal. couldn’t believe it.
    Wish I had known this when I had my other attacks – haven’t had an attack since and perhaps it is the ACV that I now take on a regular basis.

52. Ty says

Hi Wellness Mama!

I’ve read somewhere that you can treat a Pterygium in your eyes using ACV. Diluted and used with a little bit of raw honey. Supposedly reduces the growth down?

53. Nicole says

I’m interested to know if anyone here has taken ACV and was able to successfully alleviate brain fog? I had a nervous breakdown six months ago and went to the doc who said I had anxiety.. Gave me meds that I refused to take.. I am 34 and never had anxiety issues before this time, in the past six months I have had anxiety issues, dizzy spells and brain fog.. I know anxiety can be caused from gut issues.. Just curious if ACV can be a cure for these issues..
    Thank You!!

• Melissa says

I had that happen due to a terrible boss. I found the brain fog was a result of overwhelming stress – a shut down mechanism of sorts. What fixed me was leaving for one, but also I don’t think that it hurts to take ACV, along with other herbal remedies to create an internal balance. It all contributes to feeling calm and healthy again. I also find Relora and Theanine work wonders, as well as black strap molasses. The ultimate control over brain fog is exercise – annoyingly enough; however, it’s probably the best remedy out of anything I’ve listed above.

54. Arlene says

My friend swears by ACV anytime they have a stomach bug. It helps the person who is sick, get better faster and prevents others from catching the bug. They sip on a few teaspoons in some water or apple juice.

55. Melissa says

I don’t know if I’m doing more damage than good, but the only way I can drink this stuff is by putting it in Apple Cider. This way, it’s just a tangy apple cider drink. It seems to work but I read that sugar is a big no no when treating yeast infections which is when I drink it. I’m impressed that all of you can tolerate it with water..eee.

• Melissa says

Ignore that last statement. I just realized that diluting it in a lot more water makes it very easy to drink – not a bad flavour at all :).

56. IslandGirl says

I’ve used ACE to help with digestion, and it is amazing. I would mix it with peppermint tea to help with the taste and I’ve heard that peppermint can aid the stomach as well.

I lived on a boat for years and I would also use ACV as a shampoo. I liked it not only because of it being good for dandruff, but because it was natural and didn’t leave soap scum in the boat.

I’ve been trying to come up with a ACV/honey shampoo recipe, with maybe almond oil to reduce the hair drying out. Any ideas would be great!

I’m new to your site, but you are awesome :)

57. Cassie says

My husband has a huge lump on the side of his head. It looks like a goose egg bump. I asked him what it was and he said it was a calcium deposit!! I heard that drinking diluted acv with honey a few times in a day could help clear that up. Should i try to get him to take it? Will it work?

58. Nonye says

Thanks everyone! I’m new here, my 3 year old daughter has itchy scalp, should I try ACV on her?

59. Shanda says

Deodorant! Take a cotton pad, not ball and soak it in acv. Wipe under your armpits and you are good to go. It takes a minute to dry and the smell lasts for a second or two. You will notice the smell of your old deodorant coming through your skin the first few days. It’s nice to not have the aluminum plus other toxic ingredients in your body!

60. Brittany says

Ive had this crazy rash/itch under my armpit for about a month, I just always thought that it was from shaving, and that that area stays moist and it can’t heal due to sweat. Well I went to a gynecologist today and she just so happen to see the rash and she sad that it was yeast. So I went and purchased ACV braggs brand, and applied without any diluting a cotton swab on the infected rash area, and as strange as this sounds the burning actually felt good and as if it was already doing its magic. I also took 1tsp and mixed it in with 12oz of water and drank that. Any advice on if I’m starting out with too much? Or should I pace myself? I just want this rash to be gone!

Join the Conversation...

Your email address will not be published. Please read the comment policy.