Between travel, sports practices, and homeschooling, I don’t have tons of time to devote to dinner every night. That’s where sheet pan meals come in. Minimal fuss and clean up with loads of healthy flavor. My sheet pan sausage is always a family favorite, but I’m adding these sheet pan chicken fajitas to the weeknight dinner meal plan.
Traditional fajitas require a marinade and slow cooking, but this easy dinner pulls together in minutes. You could use steak if you prefer, but I decided on chicken for this recipe. I’ve kept it simple with just the chicken, onions, and peppers, but you could also throw some zucchini or other veggies on there or add some lime wedges for more flavor.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
This recipe really is versatile and there are lots of different options. You can use yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, or a blend of different colors. The red, yellow, and orange ones have more flavor than the green, but use what you have on hand. I prefer the natural sweetness of red onions for this sheet pan dinner, but yellow onions will also work.
These chicken fajitas use chicken breast, but boneless skinless chicken thighs will also work.
Since our family doesn’t eat much gluten I’ve opted for corn instead of flour tortillas here. For a low-carb weeknight meal option, use the chicken fajitas on top of lettuce and make a salad. Plenty of toppings and a hearty drizzle of homemade ranch dressing make for a delicious, filling salad.
I always keep a big batch of my fajita seasoning on hand, but taco seasoning also does the job. These often have spices like onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, cumin, and chili powder. If you don’t have time to whip up a batch (it really takes just minutes!), then a healthy pre-made spice blend will do the trick.
Pick Your Toppings
There are so many different topping options that the whole family will love. Choose from sour cream, guacamole, or pico de gallo. We also like to throw a little hot sauce on the top sometimes for an extra spicy kick. If you’re trying to stretch your meat budget a little further, then add some pinto or black beans for a filling protein option.
Whatever you choose, these chicken fajitas are sure to be a hit at the dinner table! And the recipe is easy enough for the kids to help with.
Looking for more one pot or sheet pan recipes?
- One pan bacon chicken alfredo
- Baked salmon and asparagus sheet pan meal
- Sheet pan honey garlic sausage
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the sliced chicken in a single layer on one side of a baking sheet. Spread the sliced peppers and onion on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken and toss to distribute evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil for an additional 3 minutes to give the vegetables a slight char.
- Serve in tortillas with sliced avocado, cilantro, and lime juice, or other toppings of your choice.
What are your favorite fajita toppings? Leave us a comment and let us know!