Chicken pineapple kebabs are a popular dinner with my kids because of the sweet pineapple and the color of the pepper. It is easy to make, and if you don’t have a grill, it is easy to adapt to cook in the oven. These are actually really good cold since the flavors of the pineapple and pepper infuse into the chicken in the fridge. It’s also great to make extra and pull them off the skewers to top a salad the next day.
This is a meal I’d suggest letting your kids help make since they often enjoy creating their own skewers. This meal comes together quickly and is so easy to make it doesn’t even need a recipe!
Grilled Chicken Pineapple Kebab Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- ½ fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite size pieces and put in a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar over them and let sit for 20 minutes.
- At the same time, soak the bamboo skewers in warm water for at least 20 minutes.
- While the chicken and skewers are soaking, cut the bell pepper, onion and pineapple into chunks the same size as the chicken
- After 20 minutes, pour the excess vinegar off the chicken.
- Thread the chicken, onion, bell pepper, and pineapple alternately onto the skewers.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan on the stove.
- Stir in the spices.
- Brush or drizzle the coconut oil mixture onto the skewers.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
Ever make kebabs or skewers? What’s your favorite combination? Share below!
Discussion (7 Comments)
Sounds delish can’t wait to try it. I’ve never marinated chicken breast in apple cider before. Is it for taste? Does it make it more juicy?
They tasted really good but took me forever to make. Chopping the meat took 10 min the I maranated it for 20. During that time I cut most the veggies. From there I had to construct the kabobs which took about 20 minutes then add cooking time were at over an hour. The 30 min estimate is impossible!
I have made a stir fry with chicken and the same fruit/veggie combination! I’ll have to make it in kebab form one of these nights though!
I could not get coconut oil so mixed some olive oil with coconut milk and it turned out great, great recipe, thanks
Is there another options for the coconut oil? I have all other ingredients on hand 🙂
any kind of healthy oil… olive oil would work but not quite as good. Melted butter is actually really good!
Made this last night for dinner and it was AWESOME. Thanks for posting!