Oven-grilled salmon with slices of organic oranges and butter wrapped in Swiss chard is a beautiful dish and is one of my favorite easy dinners. This dish is easily baked in the oven and only requires one pan to make!
Chard Wrapped Salmon Recipe (Easy & Healthy Meal!)
- 4 (4-6 oz) pieces wild caught salmon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 oranges
- ¼ cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 8 leaves chard
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Grease the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold all the fish you are cooking.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Sprinkle salmon with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Zest orange carefully over the salmon filets.
- With a knife, remove the remaining peel from the outside of the orange to expose the flesh.
- Thinly slice the oranges across the sections.
- On a cutting board, put a large chard leaf. If you can, slice the rib partially out and cut off the stem to make the leaf more bendable.
- Place a piece of fish in the middle of the chard leaf, then thinly slice one tablespoon of butter and put on top of the fish.
- Put several of the orange slices on top of this.
- Wrap each chard leaf around the fish like you would wrap a gift and place seam-side down on the baking dish. Use another chard leaf if needed to make sure fish is completely wrapped.
- Repeat with other chard and fish.
- Sprinkle the tops of the wrapped salmon with sea salt and place in the oven.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
What is your favorite seafood dish? Have any great tips? Share below!
Discussion (12 Comments)
I made this last night, as written, and it was amazing!!
They will love it! It’s so yummy ; ).
Trying this right now!! So glad I looked it up was trying to figure out what to do with all my chard and salmon. I love orange with salmon! I usually make a cold salmon salad with oranges and organic mayo. Great idea! Love love all your recipes!!!
I love your website! I have been reading all of your dinner ideas…Do you only serve a main dish or do you have sides with it? Thanks!
I usually do sides too, but to keep it simple they are often just baked sweet potatoes, roasted veggies or salads…
I’m wanting the meal planner that has a deadline for tonight, but when I enter my email, it doesn’t accept it. I’m a little frustrated. Now you have me thinking that my chronic sinusitis ( which has developed into asthma, and now Sampter’s Triad – aspirin sensitivy – though I never use aspirin) might be from all the carbs I eat (and I eat a lot of them being vegetaria.) Love your articles! Arla
Salmon and chard are a beautiful combination. Have never tried orange with that though… But sounds definitely good!
I made this tonight with all kinds of substitutes based on what I had on hand… Alaskan sablefish instead of salmon, lemons instead of oranges, and lettuce instead of chard. It was yummy! Husband approved.
I’ll have to try it again when I have the real ingredients, to see how it was supposed to taste. 🙂
Don’t know if I ever came back to say that we have now tried the recipe the way it’s written, and it’s DELISH! 🙂 Thanks!
Can I cook chicken breast like this ?
I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why not… Let me know if you try it
I’ve ordered rainbow chard in my veg box this weekend. Thanks for this idea. I’ll get some salmon from the Farmers’ Market to go with it.