I’d call Cynthia Garcia a true mentor of mine and someone I look up to in every way. Cynthia founded the Institute of Transformational Nutrition, which is where I got my MCHC certification. I love that now I get to share her with you! Today we’re going to talk about how the key to weight loss and personal health goes deeper than biology and has a powerful spiritual and emotional side.
The Institute of Transformational Nutrition offers certifications in nutrition and health coaching. They make it easy to turn an interest in health into a career by equipping you with a proven coaching process. I love that they are such a powerful force for good in the world, as well as an amazing tool for us moms who might want a flexible work-from-home option. You’ll find all of the links to Cynthia’s fully state-licensed programs below, her favorite books, and more.
Episode Highlights: Cynthia Garcia on Transformational Nutrition
- Cynthia’s tough but inspiring personal story of how she worked through abuse, depression, and thoughts of suicide
- What led Cynthia to try (and succeed) at health coaching
- The two things we need to do to remember who we are
- How to recognize and escape a victim mentality
- Why dieting is about more than what we eat
- How to understand the emotional needs that drive our choices
- A truly holistic approach to weight loss that addresses mind, body, and soul
- Tips for raising healthy kids
- How Cynthia started a fully state-licensed school for health coaching
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Certified Nutrition Health Coach Program
- Master Certified Health Coach Program
- The Hungry Hottie Cookbook by Cynthia Garcia
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- A Journey of Awakening by Ram Dass
More From Wellness Mama
- 291: How to Create Your Ideal Family, Career, and Life With Kion CEO Angelo Keely
- 87: How to Stop Emotional Eating (From a Nutritionist Who Lost 100 Pounds!)
- 172: How to Understand Your Genes to Personalize Your Diet With Nutrition Genome
- 95: The Science of Sustainable Weight Loss with Bright Line
- 199: How Diet Directly Affects Mental Health With Autumn Smith of Paleovalley
- 162: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics & How to Be 10% Happier
- 249: How to Harness Energy & Create Success From the Inside Out With Suzy Batiz of Poo~Pourri
- How to Fix Leptin Resistance to Control Weight, Cravings & More
- Help! Am I Addicted to Food?
- How to Implement Nutrition Changes
Have you ever considered health coaching? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Radiant Life Catalog. Radiant Life is a woman-owned, family-run online health and wellness company specializing in food-based supplements, nutrient-dense foods, eco-friendly housewares, and water filtration and purification. After spending over 20 years in the health industry, they realized that one of the often overlooked components of wellbeing is access to clean, healthy and hydrating water and set out to fix this. They now have a range of filters for every type of house and budget, from countertop to under counter and even a whole house filter like the one we have. An in-house water expert is available to guide you through the system selection process and answer all of your questions via phone or email. Radiant Life systems are also designed and built in the USA. Go to radiantlife.com/wellnessmama and get $200 off a Whole House or 14-Stage Water System with the code WMPODCAST.
This podcast is brought to you by the Kion Clean Energy Bar. We all know that finding healthy snacks for you and your kids is no simple task. Most snacks, even the so-called “healthy” ones, are high in sugar, have poor nutrient quality, and will leave you and you feeling tired, unfocused, and hungrier than you were before. That’s why my friends at Kion created the Kion Clean Energy Bar, a delicious, all-natural, snack that will satisfy your appetite and give you stable, long-lasting energy. Kion Bars are made from 100% real-food ingredients like coconut, almonds, and chia and contain zero refined sugar. Unlike a lot of bars on the market, they contain plenty of healthy fats and clean protein to fuel the body and brain. They have a delicious chocolatey flavor and crunchy texture that you and your kids are gonna love, and you can get 15% off of the Kion Clean Energy Bar by going to getkion.com/wellnessmama and using code MAMA15 at checkout.