Today’s fascinating guest is Garrett Salpeter, dubbed a “health engineer” by many. He invented a patented device that makes the benefits of neuro bioelectric stimulation more accessible to everyone. His system for improving the body (starting with the brain) is called NeuFit (think “neurological fitness”). This device and his program has helped people in chronic pain or injury, or those who simply want to improve overall performance. He works with people in almost all situations, including those in wheelchairs, athletes in all of the major sports, the Olympics, and much more, to help people get out of pain, improve performance, and sometimes avoid surgery.
I first met Garrett in Austin, and since I’m geek for new technologies and learning more about the body and how it works, we couldn’t stop talking! I also had the chance to try the NeuFit. I’m delighted to share him and all of his knowledge with you today… see the resources below for how to find this technology in an office near you.
Episode Highlights With NeuFit
- Factors that slow down the healing process after an injury (and how to speed it up instead)
- How an electrical current could actually be good for you!
- Differences between this device and other electrical stimulation devices
- The promising science showing that enhancing the body’s internal electric fields may protect against disease
- How heart rate variability is an important marker that can tell you a lot about your health
- Benefits for the parasympathetic nervous system and calming the “fight or flight mode”
- How bioelectric devices can complement your next chiropractic or physical therapy session
- Ways athletes can use NeuFit to maximize workouts and recovery
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 147: Using Heart Rate Variability With HeartMath to Stop Stress & Improve Nervous System Health
- 170: Using Biological Medicine & Uncommon Therapies to Help With Chronic Conditions
- 267: Solving Joint Pain & Why Sports Aren’t Good for Kids With Hunter Fitness
- 178: A Pediatrician Explains How EMF Kill Switches Can Protect Our Children
- 238: Using Neuroplasticity to Rewire Nervous System or Brain Disorders With Carol Garner-Houston
- 252: How to Activate Peak Brain Performance With Neuroscientist Dr. Andrew Hill
Did you enjoy this episode? What questions do you have about NeuFit or bioelectric stimulation in general? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Joovv. You’ve heard me talk about them before but their red light therapy or photobiomodulation lights are a part of my daily routine. Here’s why: There’s evidence that certain wavelengths of light are beneficial to the body in various ways. On a cellular level, they may help improve mitochondrial function and increase production of ATP, or cellular energy. This can manifest in clearer skin, more energy, quicker recovery and even increased hair growth. I use red light on my thyroid as part of my protocol along with a low inflammation diet and other lifestyle factors and am in complete remission of Hashimotos. Also, since I do spend careful and moderate time in the sun, I use red light to help protect my skin and guard against wrinkles. They now have two new innovations that make it even easier to get red light. The Joovv Go is a small handheld (and much more affordable) device that can be used on face, joints, hair or anywhere you want red light. For a more large scale option, their new modular design lets you order panels and group them together so you could have one unit or up to six all linked. Find out more at Joovv.com/wellnessmama and use the code WELLNESSMAMA to get a special gift.
This podcast is brought to you by Thrive Market, a company I’ve loved for years and order from all the time. In fact, the majority of the non-perishable and frozen foods you’ll find in my house are from Thrive. If you haven’t checked them out, you definitely need to and you can get a completely risk free 30-day trial as a listener of this podcast at thrivemarket.com/wm. Here are just a few of the reasons you’ll love them: They have over 500 of their own Thrive Market brand products that are incredible quality and at amazing prices. These include everything from bulk ingredients and spices to chips, salsa, nuts, snacks, and things like tuna and sardines. These are all non-GMO and most are organic, and at prices cheaper than conventional alternatives in my local stores. They also have high quality meat and seafood as well… from completely grass-fed meat to pastured pork and free-range chicken and it’s all delicious. Thrive is essentially an online Costco meets Whole Foods online and at much better prices. In my most recent order, you’d find a bunch of tuna and sardines, bulk nuts and spices, plantain and cassava chips, crackers, condiments, and snacks…. all Thrive Market brand and all favorites at our house. If you haven’t, you’ve got to check it out. Go to thrivemarket.com/wm to start your 30-day free trial and see for yourself how awesome it is.