I recently wrote about how olive oil has become my main dietary source of fat since I took a gene test that showed I don’t do well with saturated fat. Tony is the man behind my favorite brand of olive oil, Kasandrinos International, which he single-sources through family farms in Greece. In this episode we’ll explain more about what that means, how to find and appreciate a great quality olive oil, and why this oil is such a great source of health benefits (and amazing taste!) when it comes from the right source.
You’ll also want to check out the show notes below for some special discount codes on Kasandrinos olive oil just for Wellness Mama podcast listeners.
Episode Highlights With Kasandrinos International
- Why freshness matters when it comes to olive oil
- How much olive oil most people in Mediterranean/Blue Zone diets consume in a week
- Why olive oil is so much better for you than vegetable oil
- How to recognize a good quality olive oil, and some pitfalls to look out for
- Whether or not you should cook with olive oil, and why it’s such a controversy
- How olive oil works for me as a headache remedy
- Using olive oil in beauty products: why it works
- What a Mediterranean diet actually looks like
- Why the way you eat may matter just as much as what you eat
- Pesticides used on olive trees and why organic is the way to go
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Kasandrinos Olive Oil
- First-time subscribers save 50% off your initial order with code WELLNESSMAMA50
- Or save 25% on a one-time order with WELLNESSMAMA25
- Alitura Naturals
More From Wellness Mama
- 276: What You Need to Know About Olive Oil With Tony Kasandrinos
- Olive Oil Benefits (& How to Choose One that Isn’t Fake!)
- Garlic Olive Oil Remedy for Ear Infections
Did you enjoy this episode? Do you have any questions for Tony or me? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic. You’ve heard me talk about them a lot and it’s because I love them so much. Their products are a regular part of my life and I can’t remember the last time I didn’t use at least one of their products. My hands down favorite is their coffee with Lions Mane and there are two ways I drink it… they make convenient packets that are great for adding to hot water for coffee on the go, and they make ground coffee with Lion’s Mane that is great for brewing just like you would any other coffee. Neither of these tastes like mushrooms… they taste just like coffee but provide the added boost from Lion’s Mane, which gives me clean energy and focus all day without the jitters or acidity of some other coffee products. I also love the coffee packets for the popular dalgona coffee that’s making the rounds on social media right now and I make it with Coffee with Lion’s Mane packets and coconut sugar for a delicious iced coffee treat. Check out this and all of their products at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and code wellnessmama gives 15% off.
This podcast is brought to you by Wellnesse, my new personal care company that is based on the recipes I’ve been making at home in my kitchen for decades. Many “clean” products simply don’t work and this is why I have spent the last decade researching and perfecting recipes for products that not only eliminate toxic chemicals but contain ingredients that work better than their conventional alternatives and that nourish your body from the outside in. I’m so excited to finally share these products with you and wanted to tell you about our brand new dry shampoo! It can be used various ways. You can sprinkle it in clean hair to add volume and to extend time between washes, sprinkle it in hair that has not been washed in a day or two to absorb oil or sweat and you can work in to color treated hair to maintain color-treated hair by not having to wash as often. It contains oil-absorbing kaolin clay and volume-boosting tapioca which work together to refresh hair at the roots. Lavender oil and cactus flower help to balance scalp and strands’ natural pH. We even added hibiscus for healthy hair growth. You can check it out and try it at wellnesse.com and my tip is to grab a bundle to save or subscribe and save as well!