Where do I start with today’s guest? Her list of contributions to the health world is just staggering! JJ Virgin is a celebrity nutritionist and food intolerance specialist, fitness expert, host of her own podcast, author of four New York Times bestsellers, co-host of TLC’s Freaky Eaters, and a regular guest on shows like Dr. Phil, Dr. Oz, and many others. Somehow, in addition to all of that, JJ also founded the Mindshare Summit to mentor entrepreneurs all over the world.
JJ Virgin: A Mom with a Message
JJ’s simple philosophy of “Your body is not a bank account. It’s a chemistry lab” helps thousands (more on that in the interview). She teaches her clients how to eliminate food and carb intolerances so they can transform their health and their lives.
Take a listen to this podcast and tell me if you agree: JJ Virgin is not one to shy away from a fight! In fact, she had to fight to save her own son’s life, and she’ll be sharing more about that frightening (yet empowering) experience in her life and how it changed her for the better in the end.
Her latest book Miracle Mindset is my favorite of them all because it confirms warrior moms in being strong, positive leaders in their families … even when they get some flack for it. There’s strength in knowing we’re not alone and I’m so grateful she’s sharing her message far and wide.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- the heart-stopping story of how JJ almost lost her son, and what she did to fight back
- how to create and keep a positive mindset, even when having health challenges
- what JJ really thinks about gluten (hint: she calls it poison)
- which foods should never be in a child’s diet
- proven ways to identify food intolerances (with or without testing)
- common problems with dairy or soy, and how to avoid them
- how to raise kids who don’t want sugar
- the reason the philosophy “have everything in moderation” doesn’t work when it comes to some foods
- how long JJ works out each week (you might be surprised!)
- and more!
Resources We Mention
Follow JJ at JJVirgin.com
- Free Printable: JJ’s Sugar Impact Scales
- JJ Virgin, Miracle Mindset: A Mother, Her Son, and Life’s Hardest Lessons
- JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet: Drop 7 Hidden Sugars, Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks
- Simon Sinek, Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Dr. Daniel Amen
- IgG4 Food Antibodies Blood Test
- 115: Decoding Autoimmune Disease with Tom O’Bryan
- 155: Thriving With Food Allergies or Intolerance and Crushing Life With the Paleo Chef
- The Harmful Effects of Sugar
- Gluten Is Not a Food Group
- The Gluten Summit
- Mindshare Summit
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by MyoBuddy. This thing is one of my daily ways to relax because it combines the benefits of infrared heat, percussive massage, and vibrational therapy for what I can only describe as a mixture of deep tissue massage and myofascial release all in one device. It has really reduced my muscle tension and my need for massage. Athletes use it for faster recovery and many people with conditions like MS or chronic fatigue use this for muscle relief. Find out more at MyoBuddy.com and be sure to use the code MAMA18 to get $100 off!
This episode is also brought you to by Joovv red light therapy. Joov is an integral part of my daily routine and here’s why. Joovv has red lights with specific wave lengths of red light that increase ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate Production) in the body by supporting the mitochondria. ATP is responsible not just for energy, but pretty much everything that happens in your body. This therapy is well documented for benefits like skin health, energy levels, recovery after injury or surgery, and improving thyroid health (which is what I’m using it for). It even works as an anti-aging device because it increases collagen production and hair growth and reduces hair loss. Check out the one that I use at Joovv.com.